2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

YES - These are spectacular! I think there is a consensus in that regard.

(Borrowed image)

View attachment 1152085

I do have a question though - Charlie waynorth waynorth - why the half stop? Tradition or preference?

Mine is not pinchable but the nail nick works very well (except today I hurt my thumb and I can't use my left thumb nail.
I now need to do an overhand thing with my right hand - holding the knife in my left.
) - OK with me that it's tighter rather than loose. BUT MAN o' MAN it is snappy :eek: That 1/2 stop stops me hard and fast every time. I have no muscle memory for it AND then I need to finish the open. ;)

The 1/2 stop going back to closed seems more fierce. Definitely a two part motion is required to close the blade. I've been bit 3 times with the unexpected 1/2 stop at closing - one drew blood the other times some clothing or table top saved me. I guess I need to watch the safety video for this one :D For now - will set aside until my left thumb is strong again (in a few days). The over hand thing is just to cumbersome and apparently dangerous. :confused:

A lovely knife though which I am very happy to have and to hold. :thumbsup: :)

Ray
The half stop is both traditional and my preference; I hope you will grow to love it!:)
May your thumb improve, Ray!!:thumbsup:

Feeling under the weather, so I'm going back to bed... But I'll just leave these here.

J0eNRzK.jpg

yLWD4tI.jpg

2hACP7W.jpg

1U0Lwwf.jpg

iBtKwwI.jpg
sfWphK6.jpg
3fH0MRy.jpg
Thanks for leaving those great pics for us to enjoy! Hope you feel better soon.

v5qc6QS.jpg

I think it's time for the reminder, please discuss the knives, not the purchasing process.

Keep the discussion about the knives, please.
If you want to have a discussion related to purchasing and resale, take it to Feedback.

For some reason the system is not allowing me to move posts.
Knock off the sales chatter, please!
Discuss the knives not the sales process.
There's a thread in Feedback where you can have at it, Great Eastern Cutlery Availability, Dealers, "Drops", Etc.: A Place for People to Vent.

Sorry to have to say this:

These are wonderful knives, no doubt, and I’m sure many of us are champing at the bit to get hold of one. I know I am.

I’m not sure why one of our hard workin’ mods has to step in three times to remind people of the rules here though?

There are places on BF you can go to to discuss your issues/frustrations/whatever commercial concerns you have, related to the buying of these knives.

This is not one of them.

“We want the forum to focus upon the discussion of traditional knives...not the purchasing process, prices, nor vendors and their websites.”
-Guidelines for the Trad Forum.

To those of you who have been posting pics and reviews of these great knives - thanks, and keep ‘em coming!:thumbsup::cool:

Last edited:
Every so often my brain cells come to life and a transient thought zips through the maze... I was just thinking what a wonderful positive the Waynorth Lambsfoot is for Buffalo, NY.... I, like Charlie, spent part my childhood in Buffalo, NY... This is back in the era of Wurlitzer Organs, Bell Aircraft and a little earlier Pierce Arrow automobiles.... Buffalo has a lot of wonderful history.... I think 100-200 years from now some history buffs will be examining one of Charlie's knives and wondering where the Waynorth Cutlery factory was located in Buffalo.... It would be interesting to eavesdrop on that conversation!!.... And I'm certain that someday a museum in Buffalo will be displaying one of Charlie's knives....

Every so often my brain cells come to life and a transient thought zips through the maze... I was just thinking what a wonderful positive the Waynorth Lambsfoot is for Buffalo, NY.... I, like Charlie, spent part my childhood in Buffalo, NY... This is back in the era of Wurlitzer Organs, Bell Aircraft and a little earlier Pierce Arrow automobiles.... Buffalo has a lot of wonderful history.... I think 100-200 years from now some history buffs will be examining one of Charlie's knives and wondering where the Waynorth Cutlery factory was located in Buffalo.... It would be interesting to eavesdrop on that conversation!!.... And I'm certain that someday a museum in Buffalo will be displaying one of Charlie's knives....

I have been wondering something. Is there such a thing as a knife archive? Or put another way, is there such a thing as a general collection of American knives that anyone could schedule a visit to go and see for research purposes? Something more comprehensive than a museum.

I have been wondering something. Is there such a thing as a knife archive? Or put another way, is there such a thing as a general collection of American knives that anyone could schedule a visit to go and see for research purposes? Something more comprehensive than a museum.
Like the Library of Congress for knives? Cool idea.

Like the Library of Congress for knives? Cool idea.

Yeah. Like somewhere that knifemakers and enthusiasts could go to look at designs. GECs and their rarity has made me wonder this. Like, where would knifemakers go if they wanted to look at some of the older models for inspiration?

EG If you wanted to see a 1st edition of a Kephart book there are plenty of institutions you or anyone could visit but if you wanted to see a 1st Edition of the Colclesser Kephart knife, you're basically out of luck, right?

Yeah. Like somewhere that knifemakers and enthusiasts could go to look at designs. GECs and their rarity has made me wonder this. Like, where would knifemakers go if they wanted to look at some of the older models for inspiration?

EG If you wanted to see a 1st edition of a Kephart book there are plenty of institutions you or anyone could visit but if you wanted to see a 1st Edition of the Colclesser Kephart knife, you're basically out of luck, right?
Bernard Levine's Guide to Knives and Their Values 4th edition is an excellent reference on knives if you can get one. Not sure if there is as good a reference since the 4th in '97 but for older knives that shouldn't matter.

Bernard Levine's Guide to Knives and Their Values 4th edition is an excellent reference on knives if you can get one. Not sure if there is as good a reference since the 4th in '97 but for older knives that shouldn't matter.

Nice. Thank you!

Sorry to have to say this:

These are wonderful knives, no doubt, and I’m sure many of us are champing at the bit to get hold of one. I know I am.

I’m not sure why one of our hard workin’ mods has to step in three times to remind people of the rules here though?

There are places on BF you can go to to discuss your issues/frustrations/whatever commercial concerns you have, related to the buying of these knives.

This is not one of them.

“We want the forum to focus upon the discussion of traditional knives...not the purchasing process, prices, nor vendors and their websites.”
-Guidelines for the Trad Forum.

To those of you who have been posting pics and reviews of these great knives - thanks, and keep ‘em coming!:thumbsup::cool:
They kept coming even after his warnings...tried to just bite my tongue and let them ride because others were good to chime in with meaningful content, post photos, etc. All good moving on...

Back