2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Well, then I'm confused as to why they are in the same thread here then? :)
This is simply a thread to discuss the upcoming (and now present) release of the 93 pattern and post photos. This run just happened to include Charlie's lambsfoot and I felt it appropriate to include it. That doesn't mean this thread is about all lambsfoot knives. Sometimes threads like this take on a life of their own and evolve into more of a 'cult' :) The Guardians of the Lambsfoot thread did exactly that and moves at a very rapid pace...it isn't designed to showcase new patterns like I intended this (and the other threads I've started or that were already in existence). The Guardians has evolved into a sub-forum of it's own and includes as much discussion amongst friends as it does photos and info on the lambsfoot. Jack Black is the main reason that thread, and the lambfoot knife, is as popular as it is right now. He, single-handedly, introduced a lot of us to the unique blade shape and has educated us on the history. Furthermore, he has better enabled us to acquire lambsfoot knives and coordinates custom runs from Sheffield.
Not to say a thread like this couldn't evolve into that one day, but it is very unlikely :) My hope is just to have a common thread that anyone can search for or add to as time goes on.

Part of the CC Magic, and part of Charlie’s genius, is his encyclopedic-like knowledge of Traditionals, as well as his details devotion. He took one of the Iconic Lambsfoot knives, from Joseph Rodgers, and presented something that someone from a century ago would think normal. Then you take GEC to render it as smooth as silk. The swayback Lambsfoot on this one, is just as should be. Including the legend “Real LambFoot Knife.” The Waynorth Lambsfoot is perfection personified.
Well said Harvey! :thumbsup: :)

Well said my friend .

Harry
Thanks Harry! :)

My jigged bone Lambsfoot arrived today. I’m definitely impressed. It’s a superb knife. You did well, Charlie. Exceedingly so, in fact.

My first encounter with a lambsfoot shaped blade happened when I was a child. My father had a fixed blade of this shape, that he used for leather working. Now that I think about it, it may have been the first knife I ever used, outside of kitchen cutlery, working leather with my Dad. He gave me his box of leather working equipment maybe 15 years back, but unfortunately the knife was gone. So this a special blade for me, finally getting another lambsfoot, for use on my work bench, cutting leather as I did as a child.

Within 15 minutes of popping the tube, I was right into the garage, testing the knife on a few scraps of leather. It works beautifully. Nice and sharp. The tip is strong, but still very precise. More so than a sheepsfoot. The swayback frame is extremely comfortable in my hand, and provides excellent control of my cuts.

Walk and talk is incredibly crisp. Definitely strong. I’d probably rate the pull to be about a 6.5. GEC did a great job on the fluted bolsters. Everything is flush, even at the half stop. Lovely and thoughtful tang stamps. I normally hate blade etches, but this one is perfectly suited to the knife, and even adds to it aesthetically. The jigging is very interesting as well.

All in all, the new lambsfoot is exceptional, to say the least. This isn’t just a great first effort for Waynorth Cutlery, this is the esrly establishment of a legacy.

fWVvrJph.jpg

HeCiFBGh.jpg

HGcopFsh.jpg

uRXHWP9h.jpg

rZ4GeONh.jpg

XihAYHlh.jpg
Great post Buzz! :thumbsup: It’s a beautiful knife! Welcome to the Lambsfoot world! :D

waynorth waynorth Charlie I would just like to offer my congratulations and offer a sincere thank you my friend! Very well done! :thumbsup: :D

This is simply a thread to discuss the upcoming (and now present) release of the 93 pattern and post photos. This run just happened to include Charlie's lambsfoot and I felt it appropriate to include it. That doesn't mean this thread is about all lambsfoot knives. Sometimes threads like this take on a life of their own and evolve into more of a 'cult' :) The Guardians of the Lambsfoot thread did exactly that and moves at a very rapid pace...it isn't designed to showcase new patterns like I intended this (and the other threads I've started or that were already in existence). The Guardians has evolved into a sub-forum of it's own and includes as much discussion amongst friends as it does photos and info on the lambsfoot. Jack Black is the main reason that thread, and the lambfoot knife, is as popular as it is right now. He, single-handedly, introduced a lot of us to the unique blade shape and has educated us on the history. Furthermore, he has better enabled us to acquire lambsfoot knives and coordinates custom runs from Sheffield.
Not to say a thread like this couldn't evolve into that one day, but it is very unlikely :) My hope is just to have a common thread that anyone can search for or add to as time goes on.

I was just saying it would be nice to have a thread just for the Ramsfoot, or something other than just general or random threads like 'what are you carrying today'.

You should be very proud Charlie, of the knife of course, but look at all the “smiles” and excitement. It isn’t often that a single person is able to make such a joyous impact. Cheers sir : )

I was just saying it would be nice to have a thread just for the Ramsfoot, or something other than just general or random threads like 'what are you carrying today'.
This is absolutely that thread...a place to discuss the ramsfoot and Charlie's lambsfoot as well (#93 pattern knives). The Guardians thread is for lambsfoot discussion only. Sorry for the confusion but I felt like the Guardians thread was worth explaining in more detail :)

The Dutchman here just helped me clear through a week of recycling and Amazon boxes. It's a brute with a straight sharp edge. I am going to really enjoy this knife.
JKKpBLK.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to see that Waynorth Stamping out there Charlie, I have just received my package from Barry @gunstockjack - every time I deal with Barry its a brilliant outcome.

I was hoping to get a 97 with the Waynorth Etching, the Ebony is a lighter Brownish colour and I really like it - this giant of a Knife is actually brilliantly made....

I also was extremely lucky enough to obtain two of Waynorth Cutlery's Lambsfoot's- I can only underline what others have said about these Knives- Very nicely made - and you can see the resemblance to the Master it came from.

v3w3oTQ.jpg

VcS2oGE.jpg

VcS2oGE.jpg

In fact these Knives look extremely familiar to these knives in the very early Catalog photo ....

dNbzA9p.jpg

Couldn’t resist either, though I tried. The only problem is that where I snagged one, there wasn’t the option for choice. Still had to do it.

I am waiting for 3 Ram's foot knives!!:eek: Seems like they will NEVER get here!!:mad:
I got two, waiting on two, one oily and I just scored a cocabolo. Love this pattern. Ones a gift, the rest are mine. Muahahahaha. :D

You'll love them sir. Kinda sorry I wasn't able to score q lambsfoot in ebony, but maybe when we all do this again....lol

Back