2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Richest, blackest Ebony I have ever had the pleasure to handle.
Very thinly ground-mine measures < .015 BTE.
Monumental start for the Waynorth Cutlery brand.:thumbsup:
Thank you seems inadequate, Charlie!
COvTGHv.jpg

Richest, blackest Ebony I have ever had the pleasure to handle.
Very thinly ground-mine measures < .015 BTE.
Monumental start for the Waynorth Cutlery brand.:thumbsup:
Thank you seems inadequate, Charlie!
COvTGHv.jpg
Such great ebony and I am thankful to have one. Getting me excited for the Blade Forum knife!
A lot of very nice knives and thoughts about them in this thread but the best thing about this thread is that "Charlie (@waynorth)" is around to give his thoughts post-stroke. I'm an ole grouch but his being here makes me smile. You guys getting these knives owe him a lot.
No doubt about it! Great to have Charlie's input and having him around is the best!

A lot of very nice knives and thoughts about them in this thread but the best thing about this thread is that "Charlie (@waynorth)" is around to give his thoughts post-stroke.
I totally agree :) One of my favorite aspects of The Porch, in general, is how the makers, designers, dealers, influencers and collectors all interact in the same threads. It is a rare treat I don't take for granted :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Interesting reading of the history of the lambsfoot on the tube. My earliest memories of the actual blade shape are from the sixties. Nearly all the farmers here in Australia carried them in their pockets or in a belt sheath. They just called them either working knives or farmers knives, because the blades were strong enough for all the jobs around the farm and easy to sharpen at the end of the day because of the straight blade. They were also very common with gardeners, my Auntie who was an avid gardener had one, same reason good tough straight edged blade for all tasks in the garden. They were widely available through Hardware shops, feed merchants and all rural suppliers. Exactly the same history as on the tubes these knives come in. Wish i had bought a heap of them, they would be good collectors item's now, but i was a kid and had no money and did not know about these things. But the 2 histories from here in Australia and over in England match up. I will not mention the name, but the lambsfoot and the similar blade shape, that i am not allowed to mention were very common over here in Australia, but not known as those 2 knives, just work or farmers knives.

Sorry, i may have double posted this. Cannot remember. Memory going, this is not good.:oops:

Back