2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Will someone do a side-by-side with a 47? I want to see the frames, for some reason my mind thinks that the 93 is ever so slightly less sway-backed and also less broad, and that I prefer it to a 47, but I don't have a 47 to do my own comparison anymore.

Will someone do a side-by-side with a 47?

x2YupZE.jpg

Can anybody point me to what gives the oily creek bone its color and texture?

Anybody know?
Is it just the natural bone? I saw TKC had it listed as "Natural" Oily bone. Its so glossy on mine it looks like lacquer.
Just wanting to know what I'm talking about if someone asks.

Will someone do a side-by-side with a 47?

Here you go, Andrew. The two patterns are almost the same length, with the #93 being .004" longer. I measured the depth of each pattern at the midpoint of the bolster, the spring pin, the widest part at the butt, and the deflection from parallel to the blade well to the most dropped point on the butt. The #93 is slimmer at every point on the frame (spine to blade well) and has more curve/drop at the butt of the frame.

bU00vrX.jpg

Here you go, Andrew. The two patterns are almost the same length, with the #93 being .004" longer. I measured the depth of each pattern at the midpoint of the bolster, the spring pin, the widest part at the butt, and the deflection from parallel to the blade well to the most dropped point on the butt. The #93 is slimmer at every point on the frame (spine to blade well) and has more curve/drop at the butt of the frame.

bU00vrX.jpg

Thanks for the side by sides guys!! That answered my questions that they are indeed different frames deserving of a different pattern designation.

bU00vrX.jpg

This is excellent, thank you Jeff. Check it out, @MCar

Thanks to a knife brother displaying a true sense of community, I received a Waynorth Lambfoot today. Really cool and MUCH appreciated move I hope to be able to return one day. :thumbsup:

The Oily Creek is growing on me with the unique, contoured thickness contributing to some great ergos; the Waynorth...love at first sight! Like a fine wine, there is simply nothing objectionable about this knife!

Here’s a couple shots highlighting the nice distal taper and superb jigging...

PYnkMdfl.jpg

qb0zfAKl.jpg

0URJdQll.jpg

8bzfs0ll.jpg

bU00vrX.jpg
Great comparison. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys. I lined up the straight-edge of both blades perfectly horizontal, so you can see another difference is the angle of the handle: down and up with the 47, and more straight back and higher up on the butt. Of course, that could change with individual knives due to the relationship of the runup to the backspring.

Such a subtle difference between them. The pin placements are a little different too.

Interesting point, Darren, as they both have about the same pull strength, but the 93 is more crisp and snappy. The 47 seems smoother, more like the action of a cam tang, even though it too has a half-stop.

Do some draw cuts with each. That's where I feel the slight difference.

Last edited:
Back