2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Well it’s official, fraternal twins!!! And a shot with proud parents Henry Jack and Ashley Cutter. Too hot and humid for outdoor pics here.
bvtG6sV.jpg

OBMDi6B.jpg

And the bolsters!!!
jPmV8Cc.jpg

Thanks again waynorth waynorth for persuading Bill, and thanks to Bill for being swayed!!!!

I am meeting with my postmaster Monday. I was away for the holiday and did not realize the package was lost until I returned today.

I don't want to bother the dealer until I give USPS a chance to find it. My dealer is well known here and well liked. The way I see it, it's not his fault.

If the postmaster does not seem genuinely interested in assisting, ask for the regional inspector general's contact information. 90% of the time the carrier left it at the wrong residence. 6% of the time there is a thief in the neighborhood. The last 4% of the time are crooks taking advantage of a dealer that will replace / refund a knife that the USPS says was delivered. [ That last part is humor; and statistics are completely made up ]

If the postmaster does not seem genuinely interested in assisting, ask for the regional inspector general's contact information. 90% of the time the carrier left it at the wrong residence. 6% of the time there is a thief in the neighborhood. The last 4% of the time are crooks taking advantage of a dealer that will replace / refund a knife that the USPS says was delivered. [ That last part is humor; and statistics are completely made up ]

I recently had my first truly lost package with USPS. It was a day when the regular mail man had a day off and a replacement driver was doing his route. Tracking said it had been delivered but it wasn't in my box. The regular driver bent over backwards to try and find it but to no avail. I filled out the online form for a lost package and a few days later got a phone call from a guy that works for the post office. He asked some questions and said he'd look into it. Within an hour he called me back to tell me which mailbox it had been delivered at (apparently the gps they use for tracking is pretty precise) and he also told me why it had been mis-delivered, the sender (private individual) had transposed a couple numbers on my address. The box it had been delivered to included that address number so I knocked on their door and sure enough, they had the knife. (They had opened the package and claimed there was no name on it and they though it was a present sent by somebody or other. Uh huh.). I got the knife in the end.

My two lambsfoot arrived this morning and since I'm still waiting to acquire one more Ramsfoot I figured I'd just take these two out for a few photos and to just admire on their own. I've watched for the past several pages as each of you posted yours, first with disappointment of having missed out and then with quiet anticipation as it turned out that I would in fact be getting a pair of my own. And yet I was still not quite prepared to be as impressed as I was, particularly with the dark chestnut. The jigging is absolutely stunning and there is a depth of color that is really hard to pick up on camera. These are hands down the best covers of any knife I own. And the Ebony is a nice, clean and dark Ebony I just love. The blade shape, which looks great with the frame, looks very useful as well. Thank you very much Charlie and thank you to the Guardians and Jack Black. I am very late to the party but better late than never.

More photos of Ramsfoot to come once the jigged bone is out.

IMG_20190706_163759~01~01.jpg IMG_20190706_164040~01.jpg

Yours with the lighter colored one in a previous post are the 2 nicest i have seen, well done.

Back