2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Ram in a boat ? Not for the faint of heart my friend !

dSsar4p.jpg

CTv4xsq.jpg

Last edited:
@Will Power when I popped open the tube, I thought it was a dead ringer for top notch Pioneer bone. It really feels like a whole different knife compared to the rest of the #93s. Twice the width of the others, it really fills the hand.

As for the #44s, I know the hardware on the Northfields didn't do it for alot of folks. But in terms of build quility and build consistency, I feel like they hadn't been matched, let alone surpassed, over the past year until these #93s.

"Ram in a boat? Not for the faint of heart my friend!"

Nice knife in a boat without a lanyard? Enough to make you faint and heart broken if it goes over board, my friend :confused:

:D Ray

Very Cool pics CelloDan CelloDan :cool:

As for the #44s, I know the hardware on the Northfields didn't do it for alot of folks. But in terms of build quility and build consistency, I feel like they hadn't been matched, let alone surpassed, over the past year until these #93s.

The 44s were indeed very finely made. I only got two of them. I gifted away my Ebony and kept the Coco & Brass. But in terms of their build quality, they hit all the right check boxes. If I recall correctly, Mike from CK mentioned that he felt, especially for a PPP run, they were superbly made.

The 44s were indeed very finely made. I only got two of them. I gifted away my Ebony and kept the Coco & Brass. But in terms of their build quality, they hit all the right check boxes. If I recall correctly, Mike from CK mentioned that he felt, especially for a PPP run, they were superbly made.
He gave the ebony a 9 didn't he?

"Ram in a boat? Not for the faint of heart my friend!"

Nice knife in a boat without a lanyard? Enough to make you faint and heart broken if it goes over board, my friend :confused:

:D Ray

Very Cool pics CelloDan CelloDan :cool:
I would have jumped overboard if it fell :) ... I could not resist taking it out of my life jacket pocket for a pics :)

I fully agree on the #44s. I'm a big fan of the 44 magnum cartridge, and like gunstock jacks as well, so they were a natural for me. I think at one time I had every cover option. They have the most perfect, and perfectly consistent, walk & talk of any GEC pattern. I still don't understand why they weren't more popular.

This would not be complete without some Family Pictures of the Ram Foots and then the 93 frames

All of the Ram Foots are easily Pinchable . All of the knives are just Superb Additions to my meager Northfield collection and it is really great to have another of waynorth waynorth 's SFO's which just happens to be a Lambfoot . I believe that the run of these is easily the best of the year so far .

Harry

I fully agree on the #44s. I'm a big fan of the 44 magnum cartridge, and like gunstock jacks as well, so they were a natural for me. I think at one time I had every cover option. They have the most perfect, and perfectly consistent, walk & talk of any GEC pattern. I still don't understand why they weren't more popular.

I can maybe speak to this a bit from a personal standpoint.

From a broad perspective, single blade jacks with clean lines draw the crowds and enthusiasm. The Gunstock Jacks are a bit busy and likely don't have nearly the same appeal.

On a personal note, I have noticed that though I vastly prefer 2 bladed knives, I prefer the secondary to be behind the main. I could never figure out why the 2 blade 78 didn't appeal to me more and I think the position of the secondary threw off my enthusiasm a bit.

That said, I choose to keep at least one of the 44s. I suspect there will be a day where it might very well grab me. I wish I had gotten one in Stag but this run was before I started to really appreciate Stag as a material. In terms of construction, F&F, and such, it was a pretty perfect run all the same.

These came in today : They are very well matched in every way except for color and that is Okay with me . I prefer the one on the Right

Harry

Very nice, Harry! I like that you got two examples with varying shades. I can't tell which one I like more.

From a new person to the world of pocket knives I can also say that I am totally blown away by the quality of my only 93 GEC. I have about 25 knives, mostly case, buck, victorinox, grohmann, laguiole. I compared my 93 to each of those, taking time to look at all the details and it's like my eyes were opened to a new dimension in pocket knife perfection.
The only thing, which is not a problem in the least for me, it's the pull on mine looks to be a little too strong for my wife and daughters. They seemed to struggle a bit to get it open and closed. If I would give them a choice to pick a knife to do something I suspect they will reach for a case or a victorinox.
Not me though !!! I love how it feels opening and closing it.

And why do I think this? From observing others' knives and pictures, especially those which show the knife in comparison to other straight edges. But also from collecting an unexpected but dreamt for box from the PO this afternoon... A certain CC Connoisseur of Cutlery of Sicilian extraction and outrageously generous gent sent me this box that contained one of these stars of the knife cosmos;) Not just kind but an embodiment of quality on all levels, many thanks indeed my friend.

Picture was rushed as I got in just before midnight but an old picture book from England gave what I think is a suitable backdrop- Stonehenge and a Sheep flock:D This is the real thing and so sleek:thumbsup:

ByH0dNV.jpg
Nice backdrop, Will. And you seem real happy with the knife - We aim to please!!
Thanks for posting!!:thumbsup: Hope you get some good sleep!!!:)
CC

Last edited:
Well my Cocobolo just arrived and pulled her out of the tube and couldn’t be happier . Was lucky to get it off the exchange from a great forum member . NIT and all the factory oil man I love that smell of a new knife lol . Anyway very nice grain I like the black streak and perfect pull with nice snappy walk and talk . Blade centering looks great and now I have to pick out a slip and decide if I’m going to carry it lol pretty sure I am it’s to nice not to .
twji4se.jpg

U7ZsF23.jpg

Well my Cocobolo just arrived and pulled her out of the tube and couldn’t be happier . Was lucky to get it off the exchange from a great forum member . NIT and all the factory oil man I love that smell of a new knife lol . Anyway very nice grain I like the black streak and perfect pull with nice snappy walk and talk . Blade centering looks great and now I have to pick out a slip and decide if I’m going to carry it lol pretty sure I am it’s to nice not to .
twji4se.jpg

U7ZsF23.jpg
Looks great. Congratulations.

Back