2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

This is crazy !!!
One day of full time use as a knife for a family of four.
I prepared some chicken before lunch, then wiped it clean, oiled it and passed to my wife who cut a bunch of onions, peppers, tomatoes etc.
I just now came from sailing and my kids were using it to prepare sandwiches at the beach. I said " did you wipe the knife ? " noticing all kinds of food juices on it. My youngest goes " Oh ...ok " and hands me this :)
8o2ND6I.jpg
Yup, it's starting to get broke-in. :D
If you don't like the look, invest in some Flitz polish.
That's also the reason I like satin blade finishes better, they patina more subtly.

I prepared some chicken before lunch, then wiped it clean, oiled it and passed to my wife who cut a bunch of onions, peppers, tomatoes etc.
I just now came from sailing and my kids were using it to prepare sandwiches at the beach. I said " did you wipe the knife ? " noticing all kinds of food juices on it. My youngest goes " Oh ...ok " and hands me this :)
8o2ND6I.jpg

You let somebody else touch your knife? :eek: That is crazy!

;)

When I took a photo of my #93 Cocobolo the other day the cover photographed quite dark.

qHj9cg9.jpg

So, I just took another photo of it in better light and the cocobolo still appears quite dark.

fA7YsA5.jpg

It's fine with me but it's interesting to see the wide range of bright/colorful cocobolo that was available on these knives.

When I took a photo of my #93 Cocobolo the other day the cover photographed quite dark.

qHj9cg9.jpg

So, I just took another photo of it in better light and the cocobolo still appears quite dark.

fA7YsA5.jpg

It's fine with me but it's interesting to see the wide range of bright/colorful cocobolo that was available on these knives.

Its because the reflection on the blade makes your camera auto adjust. If you get the angle right it will photograph better. Try shady areas or move your camera around and whatever it looks like in your viewfinder is what youre going to get.

Between the reflection on the blades, the mirror bolsters, and sun position it makes it really tricky to get a good photo.

Its because the reflection on the blade makes your camera auto adjust. If you get the angle right it will photograph better. Try shady areas or move your camera around and whatever it looks like in your viewfinder is what youre going to get.

Between the reflection on the blades, the mirror bolsters, and sun position it makes it really tricky to get a good photo.

I pretty much agree with you but in fact the covers on my knife are quite dark. I've had it out in the bright sunlight and although it comes off as brighter it is still dark. That's just the way it goes with these materials that are used for covers on knives. I've seen knives with ebony covers that were coal black while others had light brownish streaks yet all came from the same run of knives. Thanks for your photograph pointers - appreciated.

I pretty much agree with you but in fact the covers on my knife are quite dark. I've had it out in the bright sunlight and although it comes off as brighter it is still dark. That's just the way it goes with these materials that are used for covers on knives. I've seen knives with ebony covers that were coal black while others had light brownish streaks yet all came from the same run of knives. Thanks for your photograph pointers - appreciated.

Oh. Well that can't be helped to a degree. It still shows up better taken into account though.
Maybe you already knew all that, I was just trying to help out.

Oh. Well that can't be helped to a degree. It still shows up better taken into account though.
Maybe you already knew all that, I was just trying to help out.

Nope, I didn't know all that and as I said; I appreciate the photography tips. You helped a lot. Thanks. As you've probably noticed I take 99.99999% of my pictures with a pressure treated board as the background. Plain, plain, plain. Nothing fancy.

Last edited:
As a point of interest and Ill admit nit picky it's interesting that the pattern number for the "Ram's Foot" knife is 933119 the #3 used for blade description

Nope, I didn't know all that and as I said; I appreciate the photography tips. You helped a lot. Thanks. As you've probably noticed I take 99.99999% of my pictures with a pressure treated board as the background. Plain, plain, plain. Nothing fancy.

Darker background helps too, because that affects how the camera determines color. It tries to balance it.

Sorry to sidetrack everyone. :)

That’s a Beauty!
Thank you :)
I’m very happy with it and after carrying it for a day and getting to know it and getting a feel for it I like it even more .
It has really nice walk and talk with such a nice pull . It’s like music to my ears every time I open and close it .Fit and finish and the detail on this knife is amazing . I’ve had many GEC knives all being very nice but this one has really wowed me and puts a smile on my face just looking at it or holding it in my hand.

Finally received my Ram Ram today. As suspected, I think the shield works better in person than in photos. The bare end is a wee bit sharp edged. That’s about the only critique I have. What a great run!

So here’s a Ram Ram on a Ram. Bam!

Happy Friday to the Porchers!

PnTeb7ml.jpg

Always good to hear when knife goes down well. With bone Barehead, jigged, the ends may feel a bit rough at first. You can smooth it with fine grade paper or a bit of carrying will accomplish the same. You'll also get a nice mellowing of the colours too.

Back