2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Yeah, same problem with Wright's Charlie :rolleyes:

KtCv3XQ.jpg
The modern method is to finish the knife first, then laser cut your "stamping". Without losing the heat treat!! Then further "clean-up":(
Stamping the blades before heat treat causes all kinds of warping and curling of the blades, before and while in heat treat.:mad:
Maybe some day we'll get the perfect method, but don't hold your breath!!:eek:
Scrapping blades has become too expensive!!:rolleyes:
Either is described to me as a headache!!

Well folks, without any hints or prompting from me today the wife out of the clear blue shy says; "Does a fried Spam sandwich sound ok for lunch today?" I immediately responded; "Let me get my Ram's Foot knife." Things started happening fast. The Spam got sliced, fried, and put between two slices of white bread with mayonnaise and diced, white, onions. I didn't take pictures of everything but got this nice shot of the Spam and my Ram's Foot knife.

ToDY9A4.jpg

This just goes to show that great minds like mine and Vince's @Prester John along with @r8shell think alike.
Yum… SPAM…

The modern method is to finish the knife first, then laser cut your "stamping". Without losing the heat treat!! Then further "clean-up":(
Stamping the blades before heat treat causes all kinds of warping and curling of the blades, before and while in heat treat.:mad:
Maybe some day we'll get the perfect method, but don't hold your breath!!:eek:
Scrapping blades has become too expensive!!:rolleyes:
Either is described to me as a headache!!
But yet the Old Cutlers did it .

Harry

I agree with you Harry!! Maybe we have to "rediscover" the old cutlers methods!!??
I know their heat treating methods were different back then. Much more consistent today!
They were different and the controls were not as good as we have now . I know that when I first got into manufacturing , the Heat Treat areas were run by Old Guys who did their Black Magic .

Harry

@CelloDan - glad you were able to make sharp with your Sharpmaker. This " I think sharpening is like playing a string instrument... one day you feel you sound so good, your teacher is impressed, you feel proud of your self ... and the the next day for whatever reason you can't even play in tune LOL" should be a quote in your (someone's) sig line. Man oh man, I have had those days. :rolleyes: :)

Ray

Well had a long day at work about 11 hours but I had some good news earlier to help get me threw the day .
The traditional Lamb foot God’s heard my cry :) and Charlie reached out to me today To let me know there was ONE AND ONLY ONE Ebony left that was a back up for un-needed warranties , yes it was the last one!!
Thank you so much Charlie it means so much to me !

Well had a long day at work about 11 hours but I had some good news earlier to help get me threw the day .
The traditional Lamb foot God’s heard my cry :) and Charlie reached out to me today To let me know there was ONE AND ONLY ONE Ebony left that was a back up for un-needed warranties , yes it was the last one!!
Thank you so much Charlie it means so much to me !
Congratulations, Ed.

I have to admit I had my eye on the Jig bone but after having a opportunity to get the Ebony In my near future :Dand taking a closer look it is now my first choice :thumbsup: You guys sure know how to get the juices flowing lol .
With that being said I love them both and am grateful to have either one of Waynorth’s Lamb foot’s to enjoy for years to come .

I have to admit I had my eye on the Jig bone but after having a opportunity to get the Ebony In my near future :Dand taking a closer look it is now my first choice :thumbsup: You guys sure know how to get the juices flowing lol .
With that being said I love them both and am grateful to have either one of Waynorth’s Lamb foot’s to enjoy for years to come .
We are a bunch of enablers here :) You will love that knife congratulations :thumbsup: Charlie is the man.

Back