2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

I was bummed to not get a notification but also completely understand.

I was typing out my potential disappointment on the possibility of reserve policy change when I received the text message. Reserved both Northfields, maybe on the Tidioutes. Gonna try and try to get in on when the blue bone SFO drops.

I do wish GEC would decide what kind of bone they are going to use earlier in the process. That TBD bone turns out to be quite a bummet sometimes :p

To clarify my previous comments, they were strictly in relation to the Lambsfoot SFO and the exclusive, highly coveted nature of Charlie's efforts. Not the regular run Ram's Foot 93s.

If anyone is curious about Mike's changes, as they pertain to short runs and Charlie's SFOs, they are noted on his website in the Early Reserve section.

Pretty sure that reserve already happened. Mike changed things. If you want more info please reach out to him.
If you need help reserving a 93 I can probably get you sorted (send me a msg).
My apologies I received bad information and should have confirmed.

Nice, another user in natural micarta!!! Thanks knifeswapper knifeswapper for all you do! Also may have scored a Lambsfoot or two from another source....:cool:

Last edited:
Which begs the question as to where that bad information came from? ;)
Yes it certainly does and I will follow up with that. They told me they had contacted you but clearly they did not or they did not understand the deal.
My humble apologies for the confusion (and the email/phone traffic) :thumbsup:

Pretty sure that reserve already happened. Mike changed things. If you want more info please reach out to him.

If this "new way" is akin to what he's done with past Charlie SFOs, then this is disappointing. I never received any notice.

But again, Mike has demonstrated that he cannot please everybody and I completely understand why. Not every solution fits everyone's needs. I do not have the time to go chasing down dealers, that is why Mike's typical early reserve system works so well for me and he receives the bulk of my new knife purchases as a result. If he has changed things again for perceivably higher demand SFOs, then I will simply have to be content with that. No sense getting irritated over things out of my control, I guess.

Pretty much everything that I was worried about happening with the looming advent of Charlie's announcement regarding a Lambsfoot SFO has occurred. Which is unfortunate but nothing that can be controlled really.

A bummer when speculation floods my emails / phone.
I simply had to wait on a mock-up from GEC for the RamsFoot reserve.
But there she is...

I'm confused. Were there changes to the Early Reserve system, or not?? If so, will someone point me towards the info? I can't find anything on the website. Thanks

(forgot to quote Ramrodmb Ramrodmb )

No, Mike has simply stated that he will be doing short runs and high demand SFOs like Charlie's differently. Quotes from his website below.

Otherwise, his Early Reserve system is business as usual.

All new items added except Charlie Campagna SFOs or Private Reservations* will have a notification sent.

*Private Reservations: For very short run SFO’s (less than 25), we are going to offer them in a private manner to our top customers respective to spending over the previous quarter. There is no good way to open such a small reservation without contention; so this is how we decided to handle it as a reward to customers that shop with us first and often. We realize we have great customers that shop here first but just don’t have the volume required, and we will continue to tune the system to honor that as well. Thus, if you see a reservation marked “Private”; it is by invitation only.

Never fails, poor service when I'm at my getaway cabin in Southern Oklahoma I always miss all the good reserves, I'm sure I can pick a 93 up from a another dealer or flipper. At least I didn't miss a CC even though I did, lol, I wonder if other dealers are going to follow this tactic, sure going to make it hard for the broad collector if they do.

Never fails, poor service when I'm at my getaway cabin in Southern Oklahoma I always miss all the good reserves, I'm sure I can pick a 93 up from a another dealer or flipper. At least I didn't miss a CC even though I did, lol, I wonder if other dealers are going to follow this tactic, sure going to make it hard for the broad collector if they do.

Could you clarify "this tactic" ?

Thanks. I got my text around noon, while my phone was off. :) I'm not interested in the Ramsfoot, my lust is directed entirely toward Charlie's Lambsfoot. The iconic pattern is compelling, the size is perfect, and even though I prefer my traditionals to have more than one blade, I'd love to get one. It looks like those won't be going into Mike's reserve system, so I can stop worrying. If one pops up on the exchange without a scalper's markup and my timing is good, I might still get one. If not, that's OK. I have so many knives now that rotation has gone from somewhat organized to completely random and the one that gets away doesn't leave much of a hole. And there are other patterns that I still want to try. Now if I could just get credit from my wife for all the knives I don't buy ...

Thanks. I got my text around noon, while my phone was off. :) I'm not interested in the Ramsfoot, my lust is directed entirely toward Charlie's Lambsfoot. The iconic pattern is compelling, the size is perfect, and even though I prefer my traditionals to have more than one blade, I'd love to get one. It looks like those won't be going into Mike's reserve system, so I can stop worrying. If one pops up on the exchange without a scalper's markup and my timing is good, I might still get one. If not, that's OK. I have so many knives now that rotation has gone from somewhat organized to completely random and the one that gets away doesn't leave much of a hole. And there are other patterns that I still want to try. Now if I could just get credit from my wife for all the knives I don't buy ...
There are other Waynorth dealers who might be able to get you on their list for a Lambsfoot if you reach out :thumbsup:
http://waynorthcutlery.net/dealers/

You know, I think I remember that one. It raised some interesting discussion.

The ones that I think might be made in Japan are these ones that are branded as Winchester.

GwSOUMr.jpg

Sorry about not getting back to you Dylan. I haven't been very good at keeping up on the forum lately.
Thanks for the pic, I don't recall seeing one of those before.... Now I want one. :D
I'll shoot you a pm.

Im pretty sure getting a GEC93 Ramsfoot will be relatively easy but being in Canada it will be tough to find and aquire a Waynorth Lambfoot. any tips would be appreciated. :)

Im pretty sure getting a GEC93 Ramsfoot will be relatively easy but being in Canada it will be tough to find and aquire a Waynorth Lambfoot. any tips would be appreciated. :)
I don't know for sure but reach out to the Waynorth dealers to inquire about availability and shipping policies. I would like to think some of them ship outside the US but I've never asked. http://waynorthcutlery.net/dealers/

Back