2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

1N4pSVX.jpg

I love the bone flair at the heal . Not all were made this way. I seen some super phats and total skinnies too. Both of mine flare. Collectors went fool for the Oily Creek appaloosa #93s. Over buffing ! a
Forget the ice bucket challenge, it's time for the CK Challenge!

https://gfycat.com/uniteddistorteddotterel
NO WAY ! NO WAY ! I wrecked my 1976 FLH in 1989. I laid in the Francis Marion Swamps for 30 hours , breathing on one lung. I had my dead arm removed in 1991. I am in 24/7 chronic pain. I collect knives on the web to keep my mind off the pain. Mike Latham freaks me out pushing blades with his thumb. I open my gator snap knives with my feet and a CASEXX blade pick. I won a knife contest, talking about that. (Trestle Pine $120 river mud ash-wood knife) A year ago , I was cutting fingers/thumb at least three times a week. I am down to once every three months, on finger slicing. No blade pushing with my thumb for me. My head hit an oak tree and I cracked my neck. Getting out of the bed every day is a challenge. Everything hurts ! Collecting knives keeps me sane.

I love the bone flair at the heal . Not all were made this way. I seen some super phat and total skinnies too. Both of mine flare. Collectors went fool for the Oily Creek appaloosa #93s. Over buffing ! a
Wish they did a Ramsfoot in white bone like that with no shield.
I wish GEC would make a #93 Rams foot with smooth white camel bone and no shield. I like the idea of a #93 Rams Foot barky rams horn and no shield. GEC needs to make another #93 run in March/April 2020. The #93 Rams Foot would make the best club knives ever.

I had a Ram Foot. Let it go which seemed a good idea at the time. Then over time the constant chemotherapy attacked my fingernails making some of my knives too hard to open ripping sections of nails away. Nobody told me about this. Anyway, I can pinch open a 93 and one kind member here is selling one to me. Now I’m cruising on my Calf Ropers which are easy enough and the new to me 93 which will be here soon.

So, it’s a great design in many ways. I’m thankful.

I had a Ram Foot. Let it go which seemed a good idea at the time. Then over time the constant chemotherapy attacked my fingernails making some of my knives too hard to open ripping sections of nails away. Nobody told me about this. Anyway, I can pinch open a 93 and one kind member here is selling one to me. Now I’m cruising on my Calf Ropers which are easy enough and the new to me 93 which will be here soon.

So, it’s a great design in many ways. I’m thankful.
Having one arm , I open my Gator snap knives with my feet and a CASEXX blade pick. I found out that the CASEXX Tribal-lock knives work best for me. I bought 8 of them in less than year. I am 57 and I will be happy that I stocked up on them for later years. If I lose my left arm , I will get someone to open the blade and stick it in my mouth. I have never sold a knife or traded one away.

There is a small GEC dealer that has #93 Rams foot knives ,right now. These #93 Rams Foot knives must be left overs from 2019 Rendezvous. 2 Cocobolo #93 and 7 Oily Creek bone #93s. Three of #93 Oil Creek bones 1/3 light and the others are very dark oily creek bone. I can't tell you who the GEC dealer is . BladeForums will kill us both ! Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha! Ha ! Seek and ye shall find ! The Cocobolo #93 Rams foot knives are gone. But there is still four #93 Oily Creek bone Rams foot knives left. Three oily creek bones left ! Gone ! Gone ! Gone !

Last edited:
Having one arm , I open my Gator snap knives with my feet and a CASEXX blade pick. I found out that the CASEXX Tribal-lock knives work best for me. I bought 8 of them in less than year. I am 57 and I will be happy that I stocked up on them for later years. If I lose my left arm , I will get someone to open the blade and stick it in my mouth. I have never sold a knife or traded one away.

Nothing more to say than :thumbsup::thumbsup:

There is a small GEC dealer that has #93 Rams foot knives ,right now. These #93 Rams Foot knives must be left overs from 2019 Rendezvous. 2 Cocobolo #93 and 7 Oily Creek bone #93s. Three of #93 Oil Creek bones 1/3 light and the others are very dark oily creek bone. I can't tell you who the GEC dealer is . BladeForums will kill us both ! Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha! Ha ! Seek and ye shall find !

Lol. Thanks for the heads up, I didn't have any better way to spend my money today.

So I got this #93 Northfield Original Ram Foot in Autumn Gold Jigged Bone today. It's actually not the first I got, as I got one and sold it because I needed to recoup Rendezvous money then regretted it. So when a non-bladeforums supporting dealer got more in stock, I ordered one (using mostly cash back woo!).

However, I think it has some issues. It certainly isn't quite like the one I got originally. I know what I think of these things, but I'm interested to see what you think: Would you have a problem with this? Would you contact the dealer / GEC?

Edge has a concavity in the center and turns noticeably upward at the tip:

hPHS3F8l.jpg

There is a blotch of etching below the normal etch:

wFn2iCUl.jpg

There is a scuffed section along about half the edge (presumably from sharpening, I've had this before on GECs but not so pronounced) very difficult to show in pictures:

WQz4UQFl.jpg

It also has a proud backspring in both the half stop and full open positions. I'm not one who cares too much about a proud or low backspring, but I don't think I've literally every had a backspring that was proud at full open on a GEC out of lots and lots of them. The liners are also unusually patina'd upon arrival.

I think these are an incredible value at ~$87... when made at GEC's normal quality level.

So I got this #93 Northfield Original Ram Foot in Autumn Gold Jigged Bone today. It's actually not the first I got, as I got one and sold it because I needed to recoup Rendezvous money then regretted it. So when a non-bladeforums supporting dealer got more in stock, I ordered one (using mostly cash back woo!).

However, I think it has some issues. It certainly isn't quite like the one I got originally. I know what I think of these things, but I'm interested to see what you think: Would you have a problem with this? Would you contact the dealer / GEC?

Edge has a concavity in the center and turns noticeably upward at the tip:

hPHS3F8l.jpg

There is a blotch of etching below the normal etch:

wFn2iCUl.jpg

There is a scuffed section along about half the edge (presumably from sharpening, I've had this before on GECs but not so pronounced) very difficult to show in pictures:

WQz4UQFl.jpg

It also has a proud backspring in both the half stop and full open positions. I'm not one who cares too much about a proud or low backspring, but I don't think I've literally every had a backspring that was proud at full open on a GEC out of lots and lots of them. The liners are also unusually patina'd upon arrival.

I think these are an incredible value at ~$87... when made at GEC's normal quality level.

At the price, in comparison to what you could buy elsewhere right now it doesn't sound too bad. Was it a "seconds" or leftover after the rendezvous?

Send it to GEC and have them clean it up. If its not a collector then sharpen and use it when it gets back. Personally I'd mostly be concerned about the proud backspring.
You can bet the dealer can't replace it, so I may be wrong but unless you want a refund or exchange for something else thats your option is to go to GEC.

Back