2019 GEC Pemberton Thread

Unexcelled: Incapable of being bettered or improved upon : unsurpassed, superb unexcelled craftsmanship an unexcelled performance a landscape unexcelled in its beauty. I like it and the Tidioute shield.

It certainly says what it is too:cool:

I agree, I like that shield and the stamped Tidioute one. Look good whatever the knife:thumbsup:

Blue not my colour for a knife, don't know why though:confused: The dye colour on this release looks very nice but I'm none too sure about that jigging....bird's feet in the mud or crazed herringbone??:D:D

Anybody have a pic of a Wharncliffe Pemberton next to a CASE Swayback Gent please?

Regards, Will

Blue not my colour for a knife, don't know why though:confused: The dye colour on this release looks very nice but I'm none too sure about that jigging....bird's feet in the mud or crazed herringbone??:D:D

Anybody have a pic of a Wharncliffe Pemberton next to a CASE Swayback Gent please?

Regards, Will
Mine reminds me of birds flying in the distance.

Typically when I get a new GEC I pop it out of the tube to take a look and then leave it out on display to see if it's one I'm going to keep or sell as buying knives sight unseen is usually a 50/50 proposition for me. This blue sucker went straight from tube to watch pocket as it checks all the boxes for what I like in a small knife -- Wharncliffe blade, textured scales, and a shape that makes it easy to handle for its small size. I'll be getting at least one more #06 from this batch and can't wait.

What's weird about the jigging on the blue bone is how varied it is from piece to piece. Curious to see what the texture on the muslin micarta is. How rough, is it sealed, etc. I kinda had a knee jerk reaction on this one and ordered both. Something I never do.

Mine reminds me of birds flying in the distance.
I noticed that too after you mentioned it before in your other post...it really does look like birds in the distance. You could probably coin a new jigging pattern and call it Flock of Birds Jigged Bone or something :)

Typically when I get a new GEC I pop it out of the tube to take a look and then leave it out on display to see if it's one I'm going to keep or sell as buying knives sight unseen is usually a 50/50 proposition for me. This blue sucker went straight from tube to watch pocket as it checks all the boxes for what I like in a small knife -- Wharncliffe blade, textured scales, and a shape that makes it easy to handle for its small size. I'll be getting at least one more #06 from this batch and can't wait.
I may have already mentioned this...but I really, really like the pull and blade shape on these. They are very easy to pinch open and use as compared to the 14 which I really like too but found them all to to be a tad on the firm side for a small.

Regards, Will

DSC-2852.jpg

I may have already mentioned this...but I really, really like the pull and blade shape on these. They are very easy to pinch open and use as compared to the 14 which I really like too but found them all to to be a tad on the firm side for a small.

True. I usually don't even feel for the nail nick when opening these. Another advantage of the blade shape I guess as it tends to have more meat on the spine side.

I can't begin to pinch open my nail breaker SBG pictured above. :mad: The 06 is such a pleasure opening. :thumbsup:

Flock of Birds Jigged Bone.
Nl52KRS.jpg

We will see if the name sticks.
Oh, you're making it hard for me to resist. I'll have to start carrying my #18 Coyote for a while to convince myself I don't need one.

I swore that either my standby for a white bone two blader comes through, or I'm skipping this run, but dang, that looks nice. It really does remind me of a flock of birds, especially with the dark blue background. Like evening at the seashore...

Flock of Birds Jigged Bone.
Nl52KRS.jpg

We will see if the name sticks.

The bone looks so great on these. And I don't mind the jigging, it's pretty unique. I just really don't like the Tidioute shield on this one. It looks too big and I think the lettering stands out too much. I'd like to have a blue GEC, but I'll probably wait for the white bone.

Oh, you're making it hard for me to resist. I'll have to start carrying my #18 Coyote for a while to convince myself I don't need one.

I swore that either my standby for a white bone two blader comes through, or I'm skipping this run, but dang, that looks nice. It really does remind me of a flock of birds, especially with the dark blue background. Like evening at the seashore...
I have a Coyote and this new blue Pemberton is basically the same knife. They have a similar feel in hand. Both knives have similar walk & talk and obviously they have the same blade.

The smooth white bone looks real nice. Going to try and pick up the 2-blade version, just to separate it from the incoming single blade that just shipped.

Back