1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC Pemberton Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Hkjay

Hkjay Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2015
  2. Spencergarden

Spencergarden

May 28, 2016
    Nice, the micartas have started to land! I'm excited to get mine in the mail soon.
    What are your first impressions?

JB in SC likes this.
  3. biomed

biomed Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
    The blue 06 is a a jewell! It is very tiny compared to most of my other knives, but I realy like it.

Travman likes this.
  4. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    6B7F59F7-BD02-45DB-A269-2124EEC8A460.jpeg 244795AF-4212-49AD-8DEE-94F89C07043C.jpeg

Ratbert, Travman, OklaMoose and 11 others like this.
  5. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    IMG_7210.jpg
    Great looking stag. I'm sure it's easy to find it for this small of a pattern.

6. braket

braket

Nov 30, 2017
    My micarta 06 arrived today — beautiful knife, but maybe not different enough from my 18 to keep both. If they made one of these small knifes with a clip blade or Zulu spear I would be all over that.

7. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    They did :) Hard to find though.
    061113-ebony-wood1.jpg

TFBraden, JB in SC, Travman and 2 others like this.
  8. Leebotheblue

Leebotheblue Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Man, my wallet gets no rest! My blue bone has been in my watch pocket since it arrived. Nice little thing.

waverave likes this.
  9. braket

braket

Nov 30, 2017
    Yeah, I’ve had a saved eBay search on that one forever...

TLARbb and waverave like this.
  10. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Size comparison of Pemberton to the 18
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

11. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    The main reason I'm getting one of these in the single wharncliffe blade is to complete my trio of little GECs with "interchangeable" blades. I have the #22 with the clip and pen and the #18 with spear and little sheepfoot, so this wharncliffe is the last of the blades that are supposedly interchangeable between these small frames.

I really like all these handle materials, but the tidioute shield just kills the blue for me. It's way too big imho and I don't like the lettering. I think I like the bar shield on the micarta best, but the crest shield is okay also. I like the smooth white bone.

Stropping Young Lad likes this.
  12. TLARbb

TLARbb Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Re: Shields
    I think we've degenerated deeply in the depths of nit-picking when we start grousing about shields. you pays your money; that entitles you to a knife; if you don't like the shield they choose, save your money. To me it seems pretty simple, but then again I haven't been upset with any combination they've used so far. I particularly like the Banana shield one the "banana bone" covers.

Ed J

13. Kiro

Kiro Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2017
    It's an internet discussion thread. The epitome of degeneration. I agree that we get nit-picky sometimes (I know I do). But when I have a limited amount of money to apply to the hobby, as most of us do, I am going to be picky about where I put it. A shield can absolutely make or break a purchase for me. As you say, if I don't like it, I can sit it out, and I will. I think it's ok to say something. And, of course, it's ok for you to say what you said. So, moving on...

The blue pemberton is the first knife I've had with the "Tidioute" shield and I quite like it. But I can see how others wouldn't. Hard to get a proportional shield with script on a knife that small. Maybe that's part of the jigging issue that people have with this knife. It's hard to fit much on that small canvas.

Ratbert, Travman, Ramrodmb and 2 others like this.
  14. Elgatodeacero

Jan 5, 2014
  15. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    Wow is right...hope I get one of those two :)

16. Elgatodeacero

Jan 5, 2014
    I would guess the cover girls go into a big wooden box in Mr. Howards office, all just piled in bare like pirates treasure.

Travman and waverave like this.
  17. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    A mountain of GECs overflowing from the treasure chest lol. I would be willing to guess Mr. Howard has one helluva collection :)

Old Engineer likes this.
  18. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    That Stag really looks great. I suspect that since it is such a small frame, there will be a lot of great Stag on these guys. Hopefully they have saved some good stuff for the 2-blade versions.

waverave likes this.
  19. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018
    My 06 Micarta Pemberton arrived today.... Very nicely done.... Fit and finish is top notch..... 20190204_164809.jpg

20. Stropping Young Lad

Stropping Young Lad Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    @L.H.S @TLARbb @Kiro

I think what sticks in my side about the blue bone was that the 2 blade version’s shield was marked “TBA” on the production schedule, which made me think it’d be something different... or at least different from the single blade. A bar, bow tie, federal, bomb or gimp shield probably would’ve won my monetary vote, but I think I’ll go with the white bone instead.

Travman and Sabercat like this.