2019 GEC Pemberton Thread

Mail call.
4K9PjKr.jpg

The blue 06 is a a jewell! It is very tiny compared to most of my other knives, but I realy like it.

My micarta 06 arrived today — beautiful knife, but maybe not different enough from my 18 to keep both. If they made one of these small knifes with a clip blade or Zulu spear I would be all over that.

The main reason I'm getting one of these in the single wharncliffe blade is to complete my trio of little GECs with "interchangeable" blades. I have the #22 with the clip and pen and the #18 with spear and little sheepfoot, so this wharncliffe is the last of the blades that are supposedly interchangeable between these small frames.

I really like all these handle materials, but the tidioute shield just kills the blue for me. It's way too big imho and I don't like the lettering. I think I like the bar shield on the micarta best, but the crest shield is okay also. I like the smooth white bone.

Re: Shields
I think we've degenerated deeply in the depths of nit-picking when we start grousing about shields. you pays your money; that entitles you to a knife; if you don't like the shield they choose, save your money. To me it seems pretty simple, but then again I haven't been upset with any combination they've used so far. I particularly like the Banana shield one the "banana bone" covers.

Ed J

Re: Shields
I think we've degenerated deeply in the depths of nit-picking when we start grousing about shields. you pays your money; that entitles you to a knife; if you don't like the shield they choose, save your money. To me it seems pretty simple, but then again I haven't been upset with any combination they've used so far. I particularly like the Banana shield one the "banana bone" covers.

Ed J

It's an internet discussion thread. The epitome of degeneration. I agree that we get nit-picky sometimes (I know I do). But when I have a limited amount of money to apply to the hobby, as most of us do, I am going to be picky about where I put it. A shield can absolutely make or break a purchase for me. As you say, if I don't like it, I can sit it out, and I will. I think it's ok to say something. And, of course, it's ok for you to say what you said. So, moving on...

The blue pemberton is the first knife I've had with the "Tidioute" shield and I quite like it. But I can see how others wouldn't. Hard to get a proportional shield with script on a knife that small. Maybe that's part of the jigging issue that people have with this knife. It's hard to fit much on that small canvas.

Wow is right...hope I get one of those two :)

A mountain of GECs overflowing from the treasure chest lol. I would be willing to guess Mr. Howard has one helluva collection :)

That Stag really looks great. I suspect that since it is such a small frame, there will be a lot of great Stag on these guys. Hopefully they have saved some good stuff for the 2-blade versions.

B B.F.U TLARbb TLARbb Kiro Kiro

I think what sticks in my side about the blue bone was that the 2 blade version’s shield was marked “TBA” on the production schedule, which made me think it’d be something different... or at least different from the single blade. A bar, bow tie, federal, bomb or gimp shield probably would’ve won my monetary vote, but I think I’ll go with the white bone instead.

Back