2019 GEC Pemberton Thread

I wonder if there's a problem with the white bone pictured. I received an email from a dealer I had a reservation with and he said his order would be short. Either that or the sales exceeded the expected production.
No problem because I did find one in stock. Look forward to its arrival.

I wonder if there's a problem with the white bone pictured. I received an email from a dealer I had a reservation with and he said his order would be short. Either that or the sales exceeded the expected production.
No problem because I did find one in stock. Look forward to its arrival.
Hm, I picked one up from knife connection just today, but they're sold out now. How many were made? 200? Looking forward to it, the blue bone has found a daily home in my watch pocket.

Hm, I picked one up from knife connection just today, but they're sold out now. How many were made? 200? Looking forward to it, the blue bone has found a daily home in my watch pocket.
250...each dealer has been getting ~20

I received my blue 06 Pemberton yesterday. I do say, it fits well with my blue Case knives.
Its right at the same size as the Baby Butterbean.
fbEwwX6.jpg

I happen to like the Tidioute shield, mainly because I've taken a couple of multi-day canoe trips on the Allegheny River, and the town of Tidioute was always a great place for a lunch stop. Nice little town. I only have one knife with a Tidioute shield—a #72.

As for the Pemberton, I've always wanted one for another completely non-knife related reason. Had my grandfather not been adopted, his last name (and my last name) would have been Pemberton. The problem was, I was never crazy about the looks of the Pemberton (with the clip blade) and knew it was stupid to buy a knife I didn't like just because of a name. A few days ago, I discovered the new wharncliffe version and bought the white muslin immediately. I know I'll not find a stag one at a dealer, but will be checking the for-sale forum several times a day in hopes of eventually landing my dream knife. If not, the white muslin Pemberton is still a pretty knife.

Correct. And they are going with the Tidioute shield on the 2-blade dark blue jigged bone.

My only complaint is the sharp edge here. May take care of that this weekend.
b3yPIbe.jpg

They always come like that, and I file them smooth on each and every one.

I think it's about having a more seamless spine/spring transition, I don't like it at all. :thumbsdown:

I carry all my GEC's.

Back