2019 GEC Pemberton Thread

The muslin micarta is very attractive and not slippery at all, love the bar shield, fit and finish are spot on. My old employer Springs Mllls wove many millions of yards of muslin fabric (for sheets and pillowcases) over the years.

Last edited:
How's the pinching action between the N & T models you guys who have both?

How's the pinching action between the N & T models you guys who have both?
There is a slight difference between the two I have. My Tidioute is easily pinchable but my Northfield has a bit stronger pull...almost not pinchable. I havent flushed either so this observation is right out of the tube.

There is a slight difference between the two I have. My Tidioute is easily pinchable but my Northfield has a bit stronger pull...almost not pinchable. I havent flushed either so this observation is right out of the tube.

My micarta 06 has strongest pull of the three I have, but all 3 very civilized and pinchable.

Thanks guys.

Reason I'm asking is:

1. The nailnick on the Northfields seems to sit further towards the pivot, this might affect the pinching in a bad way.

2. The Northfields have the swedge running all over the nailnick, is this good or bad pinchingwise? I don't know..

So I like the looks of the Northfields better, but I also love when a slippie is pinchable.

I'm gonna get just one Pemberton, so I just wondered what you guys make of this.

Thanks again. :cool::thumbsup:

Last edited:
353 353 i would recommend a Tiduoute version.

the high polish blade on the NF version is slicker than the vrush finish.

If it is a user, then once it gets some patina it wont matter between NF and T.

Reactions: 353
353 353 i would recommend a Tiduoute version.

the high polish blade on the NF version is slicker than the vrush finish.

If it is a user, then once it gets some patina it wont matter between NF and T.

Boy you don't make it any easier for me, but I have some strong pinchers so I guess I'll manage the Northfields. ;)

Thanks man! :cool::thumbsup:

353 353

I recently had a Northfield 18 Coyote with the swedge running all over the nailnick like you mentioned. I did find it a little trickier to pinch open than my new T 06. Less meat at the top of the spine where you pinch. I think the pull of both knives were pretty much the same.

My 06 muslin is pretty easy to pinch open, the nick is positioned well and the action is very smooth. Much easier to open than my 06 clip from the previous run.

Last edited:
As a Baby Boomer, I love Coke Bottles. At first I was going to get in on this release, but got turned off by all the negative talk about the jigging. Then I saw the white bone. Beautiful. I resisted. Then like the impulsive person I am, just got notice of the Northfield, single blade, Sambar Stag. Ordered. Excited.
F53982B6-9F0F-44EC-AE7A-9D7D91BDCB1C_zps7unwufsz.jpeg

Last edited:
As a Baby Boomer, I love Coke Bottles. At first I was going to get in on this release, but got turned off by all the negative talk about the jigging. Then I saw the white bone. Beautiful. I resisted. Then like the impulsive person I am, just got notice of the Northfield, single blade, Sambar Stag. Ordered. Excited.
Nice. I hope my reservation comes through on the stag. I just received my white bone and it doesn't disappoint in any way. Looks good, feels good, and just excellently made.IMG_7594-1024x755.JPG

I just acted on that same impulse. I have the blue. A single blade white should be showing up today. I have the double blade white and now the stag ordered. I'm most excited for the double blade, but stag could end up looking really nice. Will be interesting how the character of it comes across on such a small piece.

I got my white bone today. Really nice knife, no manufacturing issues. I don't find it to be at all pinchable. It's one of the sharper knives I've gotten from GEC. It will go great with my 22 and 18. I'll be posting a video on my youtube and review on my blog soon. Links are in my signature.

Back