2019 GEC Pemberton Thread

My exact feelings. In fact, it was because I had earned points that reduced my cost that my choice was made a little easier. I'm guessing all the gnarly examples I saw on GEC's site are going to the double blade frame (I hope). The one I picked looks cool and since I saw it on my phone I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I don't think I need exhibition stag on such a small knife.
I got E :) I think I was one of the first to go through the list (all letters were available). I looked specifically for one of the two on the GEC cover page lol. Like someone said...those probably go right to the GEC display case :) There were some pretty decent examples though all across the stag spectrum.
GEC_06_stag_01.jpg
GEC_06_stag_02.jpg

As others noted, the difference in nick location makes the muslin pinchable and the smooth bone not so pinchable. I like the muslin's satin blade and my example has more snap than my smooth bone, which needed some lube and break-in to mostly get rid of the slight lazy close. There is a lot to like on the smooth bone Northfield version; pinched / lined / polished bolsters, classic shield appropriately sized, just wish it was pinchable. There is something about the satin on the muslin's bolsters and shield that isn't quite right, almost like it's painted on. Makes me wonder how it will wear and if I could replicate it. Anyone know the process GEC is using to make this satin finish?

gec09smoothboneandmuslin-2.jpg

gec09smoothbone-1.jpg

gec09muslinmicarta-1.jpg

gec09smoothboneandmuslin-1.jpg

When my stag arrives, I sure hope it looks as good as the ones you guys are posting. I hope to have mine by the end of the week.

Obviously not a NF, but it looks pretty nice

I forgot they were doing the two-blade with a spear main. Makes this one tempting (I wasn’t interested in the single wharncliffe), but I’m still afraid this pattern might be too small for me. And how tiny must that little sheepsfoot be?! :eek: :D

I forgot they were doing the two-blade with a spear main. Makes this one tempting (I wasn’t interested in the single wharncliffe), but I’m still afraid this pattern might be too small for me. And how tiny must that little sheepsfoot be?! :eek: :D

I’d guess about 1.5”

Last edited:
I got my Pemberton in Smooth White bone recently

QSCgZR6l.jpg

As others noted, the difference in nick location makes the muslin pinchable and the smooth bone not so pinchable. I like the muslin's satin blade and my example has more snap than my smooth bone, which needed some lube and break-in to mostly get rid of the slight lazy close. There is a lot to like on the smooth bone Northfield version; pinched / lined / polished bolsters, classic shield appropriately sized, just wish it was pinchable. There is something about the satin on the muslin's bolsters and shield that isn't quite right, almost like it's painted on. Makes me wonder how it will wear and if I could replicate it. Anyone know the process GEC is using to make this satin finish?

gec09smoothboneandmuslin-2.jpg

gec09smoothbone-1.jpg

gec09muslinmicarta-1.jpg

gec09smoothboneandmuslin-1.jpg

Boy that muslin micarta looks great to me, and I actually think I prefer the nail nick and swedge on the tidioute.

It'll be the same as that on the #18 Beagle, along with the spear.

phruO9Pl.jpg

Last edited:
Back