2019 GEC Pemberton Thread

I got my Pemberton in Smooth White bone recently. I also recently started a website/blog, and here's a link to my article on the Pemberton (and some history and thoughts on GEC's other small patterns):

https://knifethoughts.com/knife-tho...northfield-06-pemberton-in-smooth-white-bone/

QSCgZR6l.jpg

Boy that muslin micarta looks great to me, and I actually think I prefer the nail nick and swedge on the tidioute.

It'll be the same as that on the #18 Beagle, along with the spear.

phruO9Pl.jpg
Great Write-Up.

Great Write-Up.

Thanks for reading!

B B.F.U great write up we need more blogs like this! You have great writing skills. Please keep it coming.

Thanks! I want to make the information on these and other types of knives more accessible. I have more on the way!

“more technically called an unequal end swell center jack”—————

Look at the big brain on L.H.S.!

Nice article and very nice pictures.

Haha yeah, I just wanted to throw that in to be more descriptive... In case the one person in all of the world who doesn't know what a Coke Bottle looks like read my blog haha

Great write up LHS! I really enjoyed your review.

Wanted to show what came in yesterday too... :), I love it.

STAG 06
VH5tjwT.jpg

qxbIx7w.jpg

Thanks! Wow really great stag on that!

Last edited:
I got my Pemberton in Smooth White bone recently. I also recently started a website/blog, and here's a link to my article on the Pemberton (and some history and thoughts on GEC's other small patterns):

https://knifethoughts.com/knife-tho...northfield-06-pemberton-in-smooth-white-bone/

QSCgZR6l.jpg

Boy that muslin micarta looks great to me, and I actually think I prefer the nail nick and swedge on the tidioute.

phruO9Pl.jpg

Keep it up, Logan! That was a great read. You and I somehow end up with different GEC patterns than each other, so I like to peek over the fence now and again.

QSCgZR6l.jpg

phruO9Pl.jpg
Nice write up! I look forward to reading future posts.

phruO9Pl.jpg

Ironically, the only #18 I got was the single-wharncliffe Coyote. I do appreciate the comparison photo, though, because I hardly ever carry that Coyote due to its small size.

QSCgZR6l.jpg

phruO9Pl.jpg

Very nice writeup Logan..... I hope to meet you at the 2019 Rendezvous....

I've been fighting the itch for a Pemberton. But I guess resistance was futile. Just pulled the trigger on a stag. It'll be the smallest knife I own, and I'm really curious to see how I like the feel of it.

I knew the specs before ordering, but it's still surprisingly tiny when it firsts comes out of the tube. But tiny turns out to be a good thing. It's a suit and going-to-church knife. I think it's going to be my "old man knife." When I'm too old for camping, yard work, or much of anything else, this will be my knife. This might become my in-the-house EDC (even though there's at least one real knife in every room.) When I leave the house, I alway's carry a Swiss Army Knife (red Farmer with scissor mod) so if I need something bigger, I have it. What I really like about this little knife is that it fits flat in the bottom of the watch pocket of my jeans. One of the things about small knives in a pocket is that they're sometimes a little hard to find if you're carrying other stuff in the pocket. That it fits in the watch pocket means it will be easy to find and will be protected from the other things I might carry.

I've seen quite a few pics of stags here and other places on the internet. I've not seen a bad one yet.

I have the micarta. I'm expecting the stag on Thursday. I am also expecting to like it, and if so, I intend to carry it. I've never owned stag. How do you protect it for edc? Oil? Wax? How often?

Last edited:
I knew the specs before ordering, but it's still surprisingly tiny when it firsts comes out of the tube. But tiny turns out to be a good thing. It's a suit and going-to-church knife. I think it's going to be my "old man knife." When I'm too old for camping, yard work, or much of anything else, this will be my knife. This might become my in-the-house EDC (even though there's at least one real knife in every room.) When I leave the house, I alway's carry a Swiss Army Knife (red Farmer with scissor mod) so if I need something bigger, I have it. What I really like about this little knife is that it fits flat in the bottom of the watch pocket of my jeans. One of the things about small knives in a pocket is that they're sometimes a little hard to find if you're carrying other stuff in the pocket. That it fits in the watch pocket means it will be easy to find and will be protected from the other things I might carry.

I've seen quite a few pics of stags here and other places on the internet. I've not seen a bad one yet.

I have the micarta. I'm expecting the stag on Thursday. I am also expecting to like it, and if so, I intend to carry it. I've never owned stag. How do you protect it for edc? Oil? Wax? How often?
I've got some stag that I carry and use and some that see very little use. I treat them like most users, which is to wipe them down and if they get "gunked" up I wash them and oil them. So far, so good. Use it and enjoy it. My stag Pemberton is due tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_7630-860x877.JPG
    IMG_7630-860x877.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 11
the two blade dark blues are on the cover, pretty nice looking

jigging looks a bit more random

it seems like these are designated a darker blue than the singles?

the two blade dark blues are on the cover, pretty nice looking

jigging looks a bit more random

it seems like these are designated a darker blue than the singles?
I hope that’s representative of the run. I have a two blade blue reserved

Keep the blades and joints oiled , blades sharpened , and carry it in a slip if the liners are Brass .

Harry

Back