2019 GEC Pemberton Thread

Checked my email WAAY too many times yesterday, to no avail! Oh well, won't be long...;)

(Surprised to see stag single blades still available at Knifeconnection...)

I ordered my blue two blade! Unfortunately I also got an email saying that the Muslin were split shipped and could not be guaranteed...

My stag is officially mine. I kept it pristine for 24 hours, decided it was a keeper, and then cold blued everything. It turns the bolsters a nice shiny gunmetal gray. From experience though, I can say that they return to looking like new again fairly quickly with pocket carry. So far, I haven't been able to get pics of it that look good. It sure looks good in person, though. Am I the first here to christen their Pemberton?

Last edited:
I wasn't sure I was going to like this knife. I mean, the pictures spoke to me, but you never know with a small until you get it in hand. Plus, enough people had posted about the Pemberton being too small that I was starting to get some serious doubts. When I placed my order, I was probably 70% convinced this was going to be a catch and release.

But as it turns out, not only do I like the knife, I am seriously smitten. Seems like it's going to punch way above its weight class, and this is now my go-to small.

Perfect timing too. I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow, and I'm going to throw this one in my luggage and take it along. (Please don't lose my bag, United!)

qBCzBzQ.jpg

I got my muslin two blade today. It has a little heavier pull than either of my single blades. The spear is a very smooth 5, due to the small size of the blade and corresponding diminished leverage, the sheepsfoot feels a bit heavier. Very nice knife, blades dead center, decent snap, love the long swedges. GEC is doing a great job on this run, they are really a step ahead of anything in production.

I don't know about any of you, but I kind of look forward to the first chance I have to pop out my knife and use it. Got the chance today in a friendly poker game. I really like all my Pembertons, but the Stag is my favorite. By far the smallest blade I carry, but it's growing on me quickly.
IMG_1743.jpg

Just got my stag the other day, was looking at the 2 blade version but just cant imagine how small that 2nd blade will be. These things are tiny!

Just got my stag the other day, was looking at the 2 blade version but just cant imagine how small that 2nd blade will be. These things are tiny!
Ya, I'm still contemplating selling mine.
I like having it, but it just hasn't gotten any pocket time next to my #14.
I use scalpels and x-acto blades all the time, so I think tiny blades can be useful. Not for halfing sandwiches though.

I ended up passing on these. More and more pics showing up from you folks with stag got me interested again. I finally pulled the trigger on one and cant wait to check it out. I have and use a coyote so I am familiar with the size. It's a great office knife or backup to a bigger blade or fixed knife.

My wharny muslin micarta finally arrived today. It made me say "awww" when I opened the tube, I love this thing already. It's my first coke bottle pattern, and I really like how my thumb sits on the concave backspring when in use, something I didn't consider before. It's got a bit of a gritty opening feel, so I'm looking forward to giving it the old flush out.

I don't know if I'll be able to resist ordering a two-blade version now too. I wish there were more handle materials interesting to me besides the micarta, but then again it would be nice to have a matching pair with the same covers.

Sorry about the slightly blurry photo, the sun was going down right when I got my mitts on it.

sCLzsMw.jpg

Last edited:
Spear and a sheep secondary is a great combo! Unfortunately I like my knives a bit bigger. Still almost pulled the trigger on one of the 2 blades today...

Back