2019 GEC Rendezvous August 8th, 9th,10th

We had to leave the Rendezvous early on Friday and have just now had the time and place to take some more pictures after putting on about 800 miles on the Odometer without getting home yet .
Picked these 3 up on Friday :
A #14 Smooth Autumn Gold , 1 of 8 ///// A Shaplieghs Cattle Knife ??? with MOP Covers , Clip , Sheepfoot , and Punch , and a #12 Toothpick with Stag .

Most of what I got in 1 & 1/2 days

But the Real Star of the show was :

We had a fantastic time and saw a number of our old and new friends in the all too short of a time that we were there . We also missed a few of our friends who , for various reasons , could not make it . I will not attempt to name all of the friends that we did see for fear of missing some of you . I will though mention that it was great to see Charlie and Lyle and their spouses there .

Harry
Great haul Harry!!!

Ron, thank you for taking that awesome photo of the boys together, and for the very generous gift you gave them!

I don't always get to say this about my sons, but they seemed to behave themselves (for the most part), and got along well with each other the entire time. Josh's boys are tremendous as well, and I was honored to get to see their collections.

I thought for sure that after sitting in line for 2.25 hours yesterday morning the boys would have had enough, but they said they had a lot of fun, and can't wait to do it again next year.

It was good to see you at the Rendezvous. I think one of your sons dropped a Case Knife card in front of my table that shows the different parts and workings of a knife.

I'd be happy to drop it in an envelope and mail it to you if you give me your address.

I was gonna send this in a PM but your inbox is full.

We had to leave the Rendezvous early on Friday and have just now had the time and place to take some more pictures after putting on about 800 miles on the Odometer without getting home yet .
A #14 Smooth Autumn Gold , 1 of 8 ///// A Shaplieghs Cattle Knife ??? with MOP Covers , Clip , Sheepfoot , and Punch , and a #12 Toothpick with Stag .

We had a fantastic time and saw a number of our old and new friends in the all too short of a time that we were there . We also missed a few of our friends who , for various reasons , could not make it . I will not attempt to name all of the friends that we did see for fear of missing some of you . I will though mention that it was great to see Charlie and Lyle and their spouses there .

Harry

Looks like a great time was had by all Harry, you picked up some wonderful knives. Donna and I sure missed being there with everyone.

My last two days at the Rendezvous yielded some more bounty to go along with my initial purchases. On Friday I bought a Tidioute #74 Stallion in Natural Smooth White Bone. It was a 1 of 38 “S” model. I also picked up another Northfield #93 Real Rams Foot. This one was an “S” model. It will go in the rotation and the first one will go into the darkness! On Saturday morning it was quite in the store so I was talking to Bill and I decided to pick up a Northfield #74 Mustang in Natural Smooth White Bone. It was a 1 of 10 “S” model. Bill was surprised that they didn’t sale better and after looking them over I was surprised too! While at the picnic I was talking to a friend who gave me a tip about some SFO’s that he had stumbled on in the area. On the way out of town I was able to buy two Tidioute #65 Ben Hogan’s. These were an SFO for the Drake Oil Well Museum. They were 49 made in 2015 covered with Oil Sucker Rod Wood.

48519010746_6f864ac15e_b_d.jpg

48519180147_60946cf1a8_b_d.jpg

48519180102_2a5a6b9945_b_d.jpg

Last edited:
My last two days at the Rendezvous yielded some more bounty to go along with my initial purchases. On Friday I bought a Tidioute #74 Stallion in Natural Smooth White Bone. It was a 1 of 38 “S” model. I also picked up another Northfield #93 Real Rams Foot. This one was an “S” model. It will go in the rotation and the first one will go into the darkness! On Saturday morning it was quite in the store so I was talking to Bill and I decided to pick up a Northfield #74 Mustang in Natural Smooth White Bone. It was a 1 of 10 “S” model. Bill was surprised that they didn’t sale better and after looking them over I was surprised too! While at the picnic I was talking to a friend who gave me a tip about some SFO’s that he had stumbled on in the area. On the way out of town I was able to buy two Tidioute #65 Ben Hogan’s. These were an SFO for the Drake Oil Well Museum. They were 49 made in 2015 covered with Oil Sucker Rod Wood.

The #74 Stallion is so nice. :cool::thumbsup:

Well That was a fun trip!
This was my first time meeting forum members and wow, what a great group of people. I met Harry, Ron, and Logan early on Thursday morning and the fun kept rolling from there. I can easily see this becoming a trip I make every year. Thanks for all the laughs and smiles I got to share with all the people I met this past weekend
-Caleb

Now how bout these knives!!

67944044_10162094803555613_8361155548296511488_o.jpg

This was my first time meeting forum members and wow, what a great group of people. I met Harry, Ron, and Logan early on Thursday morning and the fun kept rolling from there. I can easily see this becoming a trip I make every year. Thanks for all the laughs and smiles I got to share with all the people I met this past weekend
-Caleb

It was great to meet you Caleb. You got some great knives there young man. Some real beauties! I hope you can make it back next year! :) :thumbsup:

Another one in the book. As always, a "Great" event. Cannot wait till next year...15th Anniversary.
As always, wonderful seeing so many friends. Take care

-Steve

2021 would be the 15th anniversary

Harry

Harry, your white bone Lambfoot is a king among Kings. Beautiful character in it.

Honestly, I think it was a big surprise how many knives were "S" models. They had a lot of beautiful knives, but after a bad experience with a Unicorn Ivory Acrylic #25 S model and bad experience with trying to get it fixed I shy away from S models.

I got one of the non S stainless drop point #74s for myself and a non S Tidioute clip point #74 for a friend who couldn't make it. I wish I could have kept the clip point.

You're letting out the secret of the oil sucker Rod wood #65s!!! :eek:;)

-Caleb

Again, nice to meet you and get scores.

quite the haul there!!!! two ben hogans?! were these at the museum?

Norcaldude Norcaldude -thanks man! Been looking for some rod on a different model for a friend, just tipped him off. Thank you, he’s been looking for awhile
Thanks, Neal

Back