2019 GEC Rendezvous August 8th, 9th,10th

Honestly, I think it was a big surprise how many knives were "S" models. They had a lot of beautiful knives, but after a bad experience with a Unicorn Ivory Acrylic #25 S model and bad experience with trying to get it fixed I shy away from S models.

I got one of the non S stainless drop point #74s for myself and a non S Tidioute clip point #74 for a friend who couldn't make it. I wish I could have kept the clip point.

You're letting out the secret of the oil sucker Rod wood #65s!!! :eek:;)
There were a lot of “S” knives. I personally have a ton of “S” knives and would never hesitate to buy one for an EDC. Especially if I can cherry pick like at the Rendezvous. I know they had some troubles with that run of 25’s in general with the Unicorns! The cats out of the bag on the #65’s. Maybe that’ll help keep the museum open for a while longer. :D

quite the haul there!!!! two ben hogans?! were these at the museum?
Thanks Jack! Yes they were at the museum. Since I got two I don’t feel bad about sharing with you guys. I will probably change my opinion on that if they start showing up on the auction site for a huge profit. :(

There were a lot of “S” knives. I personally have a ton of “S” knives and would never hesitate to buy one for an EDC. Especially if I can cherry pick like at the Rendezvous. I know they had some troubles with that run of 25’s in general with the Unicorns! The cats out of the bag on the #65’s. Maybe that’ll help keep the museum open for a while longer. :D

Thanks Jack! Yes they were at the museum. Since I got two I don’t feel bad about sharing with you guys. I will probably change my opinion on that if they start showing up on the auction site for a huge profit. :(

Nice!!! You know, every year that I did attend the rendezvous, I always been too worried about driving around in an unknown location that I never really journey past the factory and cross creek, maybe next year Ill actually go check out that museum!

Nice!!! You know, every year that I did attend the rendezvous, I always been too worried about driving around in an unknown location that I never really journey past the factory and cross creek, maybe next year Ill actually go check out that museum!
This was the first time we’ve been there. It’s really a very nice place. There were a lot of people there when we went on Saturday evening around 3:30. They actually have a train ride but I don’t know anything about it. :)

Every year, I enjoy getting to live vicariously through those of you who attend the Rendezvous. I'm going to make it there one of these years! :D

My last two days at the Rendezvous yielded some more bounty to go along with my initial purchases. On Friday I bought a Tidioute #74 Stallion in Natural Smooth White Bone. It was a 1 of 38 “S” model. I also picked up another Northfield #93 Real Rams Foot. This one was an “S” model. It will go in the rotation and the first one will go into the darkness! On Saturday morning it was quite in the store so I was talking to Bill and I decided to pick up a Northfield #74 Mustang in Natural Smooth White Bone. It was a 1 of 10 “S” model. Bill was surprised that they didn’t sale better and after looking them over I was surprised too! While at the picnic I was talking to a friend who gave me a tip about some SFO’s that he had stumbled on in the area. On the way out of town I was able to buy two Tidioute #65 Ben Hogan’s. These were an SFO for the Drake Oil Well Museum. They were 49 made in 2015 covered with Oil Sucker Rod Wood.

48519010746_6f864ac15e_b_d.jpg

48519180147_60946cf1a8_b_d.jpg

48519180102_2a5a6b9945_b_d.jpg

Looks like you scored some nice knives, Ron! Those Ben Hogans are great! (Back when I first discovered GEC, around 2015, there were a couple dealers who had the Northfield in Antique Autumn Jigged Bone just sitting on the shelves. I almost pulled the trigger several times, but I never did, and then they were gone.)

Well That was a fun trip!
This was my first time meeting forum members and wow, what a great group of people. I met Harry, Ron, and Logan early on Thursday morning and the fun kept rolling from there. I can easily see this becoming a trip I make every year. Thanks for all the laughs and smiles I got to share with all the people I met this past weekend
-Caleb

Now how bout these knives!!

67944044_10162094803555613_8361155548296511488_o.jpg
You sure got some very nice ones Caleb !!!!! That Stag looks pretty thick . Would you please show some more pictures of it , if you have not already ??

Harry

quite the haul there!!!! two ben hogans?! were these at the museum?
I saw them when I was at my last Rendezvous in 2017, but didn’t purchase any. I went back this year and bought two and told Gary Kifer. He told someone and they told someone, and there you go. I actually had one on the table with me and Charlie for sale.

Missed Sarah, John and Donna, and you Jack.And remembering Bob Andrews ( Old Hundred). RIP

Good to see everyone again and meet new friends.

Last edited:
Every year, I enjoy getting to live vicariously through those of you who attend the Rendezvous. I'm going to make it there one of these years! :D

Looks like you scored some nice knives, Ron! Those Ben Hogans are great! (Back when I first discovered GEC, around 2015, there were a couple dealers who had the Northfield in Antique Autumn Jigged Bone just sitting on the shelves. I almost pulled the trigger several times, but I never did, and then they were gone.)
Thanks Barrett! I would have been perfectly content with the two #38’s and the Smooth White Lambsfoot. All the rest were just icing on the cake. :thumbsup: :)

I saw them when I was at my last Rendezvous in 2017, but didn’t purchase any. I went back this year and bought two and told Gary Kifer. He told someone and they told someone, and there you go. I had actually had one on the table with me and Charlie for sale.

Missed Sarah, John and Donna, and you Jack.And remembering Bob Andrews ( Old Hundred). RIP

Lyle, it was great to see you and Jan! We did miss a lot of friends this year but we meet some new ones too! Hey you know us knife nuts Lyle. It’s good news travels fast! ;)

I saw them when I was at my last Rendezvous in 2017, but didn’t purchase any. I went back this year and bought two and told Gary Kifer. He told someone and they told someone, and there you go. I had actually had one on the table with me and Charlie for sale.

Thanks Barrett! I would have been perfectly content with the two #38’s and the Smooth White Lambsfoot. All the rest were just icing on the cake. :thumbsup: :)

Lyle, it was great to see you and Jan! We did miss a lot of friends this year but we meet some new ones too! Hey you know us knife nuts Lyle. It’s good news travels fast! ;)

hey! Lyle and Jan made it! hope yall had a good time and are in good health! Im still waiting on the pictures of the rendezvous. The facebook crowd and this crowd differ a little, so folks mostly took pictures of knives.

All the sucker rods I've seen have been steel. Are these wood ones old? Or does the oil industry use wood ones for some specific application?

All the sucker rods I've seen have been steel. Are these wood ones old? Or does the oil industry use wood ones for some specific application?
They are from the first oil wells ever. At one time you could find them easily throughout the area.

Sorry Jack, I didn’t take but a couple pictures. This one of Charlie, his wife Joanne, and Bill Howard is the only one that will post.

thanks Lyle! good to see them together in one shot! last year William stayed around and watched karoke

Finally getting a moment to breathe after this weekend. The boys and I put over 750 miles on the RV. After the Rendezvous, we headed for our annual family reunion and got home late Sunday. Every year I do a knife raffle at the reunion. This year I gave away a #12 in perfectly matched dark aqua blue camel bone and a green linen bull nose.

Anyhow, as promised, here are our souvenirs from the 'vous:
Left to Right
Buttons my oldest received from @waynorth.
Copper proof coins that both my boys received from Half/Stop Half/Stop .
My Special Knife, 1 of 1 #14.
My oldest Special Knife, 1 of 38 #74.
My youngest Special Knife, 1 of 14?, #12.
Our Rendezvous Knife, #40 (had #22 And CC wanted that one, so no problem, switcheroo)
My oldest gift from @waynorth, Swanner/Queen, lockback sowbelly in pearl :)
My youngest gift from @waynorth, QCC, med. Trapper, Winterbottom.
Buttons given to my youngest by waynorth.
20190813_145444.jpg

Last edited:
Back