2019 GEC Rendezvous August 8th, 9th,10th

Sorry for not posting anything since 3AM but it’s been a busy and tiresome day. It’s also been a personally rewarding day. When you can score three Grail* knives in one day you feel like going without sleep for 24 hours is worth it. Below is what I brought home from my first day at the Rendezvous. :) The 2019 Rendezvous knife was indeed a #12 Northfield in LVS Abalone serial #03. A #93 Waynorth Lambsfoot* in Smooth White Bone. This was a special knife supplied to Charlie for the Rendezvous from the fine folks at GEC. :thumbsup: A #93 Real Ram Foot while not particularly rare it has eluded me at a reasonable price on the secondary market. A #38 Lick Creek Farmers Jack in Antique Yellow Pick Bone* NIT. A #38 Orchard Gem Farmers Jack in Antique Amber Pick Bone* NIT. The Lambsfoot and the two #38’s came from Charlie @waynorth. And finally, you know you’re living large when you top off a day like this when you can eat a meal of genuine Wisconsin Brats expertly prepared by a world champion Brat Master, Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer . The brats were accompanied by Wisconsin Cheese Curds and fresh Kringles all graciously brought from Wisconsin by Harry and Nancy! Thanks guys! :thumbsup: :D

48491772736_98c8be067f_b_d.jpg

48491941547_30a5d54665_b_d.jpg

Sorry for not posting anything since 3AM but it’s been a busy and tiresome day. It’s also been a personally rewarding day. When you can score three Grail* knives in one day you feel like going without sleep for 24 hours is worth it. Below is what I brought home from my first day at the Rendezvous. :) The 2019 Rendezvous knife was indeed a #12 Northfield in LVS Abalone serial #03. A #93 Waynorth Lambsfoot* in Smooth White Bone. This was a special knife supplied to Charlie for the Rendezvous from the fine folks at GEC. :thumbsup: A #93 Real Ram Foot while not particularly rare it has eluded me at a reasonable price on the secondary market. A #38 Lick Creek Farmers Jack in Antique Yellow Pick Bone* NIT. A #38 Orchard Gem Farmers Jack in Antique Amber Pick Bone* NIT. The Lambsfoot and the two #38’s came from Charlie @waynorth. And finally, you know you’re living large when you top off a day like this when you can eat a meal of genuine Wisconsin Brats expertly prepared by a world champion Brat Master, Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer . The brats were accompanied by Wisconsin Cheese Curds and fresh Kringles all graciously brought from Wisconsin by Harry and Nancy! Thanks guys! :thumbsup: :D

Looks like you had a great day Ron, thanks for posting the pics, Harry looks good over the grill.

Looks like you had a great day Ron, thanks for posting the pics, Harry looks good over the grill.
Thanks John! I didn’t buy any Special knives today. But I may hit them tomorrow if there’s any left. I was so proud at what I was able to get I sorta chilled after 8:30 or so. Tell Donna that Pam sends her regards to both of you guys. We really missed y’all. :thumbsup: :)

Thanks John! I didn’t buy any Special knives today. But I may hit them tomorrow if there’s any left. I was so proud at what I was able to get I sorta chilled after 8:30 or so. Tell Donna that Pam sends her regards to both of you guys. We really missed y’all. :thumbsup: :)

Thanks Ron, we are missing you all also, Donna says hi.

Wow, that is a major upper Midwest secret and they deliver!

Cutting up a Kringle with a Rondy knife to share is the essence of the porch.

Just now have some time to post some pictures of what went on today at the 2019 Rendezvous .
Same 2 Old Codgers were there this morning . The one on your right was there at 10:00 P.M. last night and the other guy was there at 2:00 A.M.
A lot of truths and lies and world problems were discussed in the cool of the night . Lots of people here . Most that I have seen in my 3 years here .

And there was someone around to tell you were to go .

Picked up another Jigged Bone Northfield 93 Ram Foot and a 2019 Rendezvous Knife which was a Northfield 128119 Toothpick with LVS Abalone .

And a Factory Special knife , 1 of 7 , 748117 with Natural Smooth White Bone and a Real Lambfoot 933119 Waynorth Cutlery with Smooth White Bone .
CF2oMoI.jpg

Knife pictures had to be taken in our Motel room . Sorry , but was either this or nothing .

Harry

WAY TO GO GUYS!!! man, wish I was there, not for the knives but for the food and friendship:thumbsup: well, maybe the knives a little bit but even so the knives pale in comparison to the friendship. Looks like a great time Harry and Ron, hug Pam and Nanc for me;)

WAY TO GO GUYS!!! man, wish I was there, not for the knives but for the food and friendship:thumbsup: well, maybe the knives a little bit but even so the knives pale in comparison to the friendship. Looks like a great time Harry and Ron, hug Pam and Nanc for me;)
Thanks Paul! Wish you were here! :thumbsup: :)

GREAT SCORE!!! And what is a Wisconsin Brat???

Just now have some time to post some pictures of what went on today at the 2019 Rendezvous .
Same 2 Old Codgers were there this morning . The one on your right was there at 10:00 P.M. last night and the other guy was there at 2:00 A.M.
A lot of truths and lies and world problems were discussed in the cool of the night . Lots of people here . Most that I have seen in my 3 years here .

And there was someone around to tell you were to go .

Picked up another Jigged Bone Northfield 93 Ram Foot and a 2019 Rendezvous Knife which was a Northfield 128119 Toothpick with LVS Abalone .

And a Factory Special knife , 1 of 7 , 748117 with Natural Smooth White Bone and a Real Lambfoot 933119 Waynorth Cutlery with Smooth White Bone .
CF2oMoI.jpg

Knife pictures had to be taken in our Motel room . Sorry , but was either this or nothing .

Harry

First of all, let me compliment you, Ron on the beard.
Secondly, I'm very happy for you guys for the knives you were able to add to your fine collections. White bone is so classy! Harry, I know you love those LFs, but that 74 is going to demand some serious pocket time. What a beaut! And Ron, those two Orchard Gems are out of this world.

Mainly, gotta say I'd love to be there with y'all. Please give my best to Nancy and Pam!

Back