1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC Rendezvous August 8th, 9th,10th

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Augie, Feb 6, 2019.

1. AnW

AnW Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2019
    Haha! Well done dad!

When my son was that age I got him into flyfishing. We had (and still do) a lot of great times sharing that hobby.

Old Engineer and Rockon75 like this.
  2. Ron Sabbagh

Ron Sabbagh Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    [QUOTE="
    When my son was that age I got him into flyfishing. We had (and still do) a lot of great times sharing that hobby.[/QUOTE]

Cherish them.

My dad passed too early 10 years ago. Some of my best memories of him were when we had one-on-one time fly fishing together.

Sorry to get off topic....

91F771D0-BF47-4081-A513-55D77DA2B14A.jpeg

3. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    You guys are scoring some sweet knives! Love the abalone and all the white bone goodness. :thumbsup: Enjoy.

GunGraber and Half/Stop like this.
  4. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
  5. Cutfinger

Cutfinger Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    It's a pleasure to hear stories, and see a few pictures of the people (and the knives ;)) :)

Thanks for the posts! I feel like I'm not missing out entirely. :thumbsup:

Michael

GunGraber, Prester John and Dschal like this.
  6. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    The gift was small but I’m glad they liked it. :) Ryan your boys acted perfectly fine my friend! They are enjoying their knives and they take pride in showing them to others! They are very knowledgeable I might add! :thumbsup: I look forward to seeing them again next year! :) :thumbsup:

Josh that right there is what it’s all about my friend! :thumbsup: Very nice young men. I enjoyed spending time with y’all! Looking forward to seeing you again next year if it’s in the cards! :thumbsup: :)

cudgee, GunGraber, JohnDF and 3 others like this.
  7. Rockon75

Rockon75 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2008
    9D599741-7D86-4112-ABB1-213D0947F8C7.jpeg
    I keep going back to this picture, thanks @Half/Stop. And I like the titled you gave it. Only thing, you should have kicked that aging old guy out of the "proof of future generations"........

8. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 10, 2017
    All this Rendezvous talk and pics are really making me want to try to get out there next year. Looks like a lot of fun and good memories! :thumbsup:

mb>, HotGuts and Half/Stop like this.
  9. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I saw another of these star-shield 14s (in red jigged bone) on another social media group earlier.

I was envious enough when I saw the white bone Waynorth lambsfoot. Now I’m positively green.

Congrats to those who were fortunate to acquire great knives and—more importantly—experience the camaraderie of like-minded folk.

Thanks again to all for sharing your photos.

10. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    I wasn't able to make it to GEC today, but hope to get to tomorrow. I was at the other knife show up the road. Lots of knives to look at and buy, but wasn't very busy.

tmd_87 likes this.
  11. ArchiveMoto

ArchiveMoto Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Some absolutely beautiful pieces this year, that smooth white bone 74 muskrat has immediately become a new grail for me, a trifecta of greatness, the hunt begins! Thanks for sharing stories and photos for those of us who can't make it.

Travman and cudgee like this.
  12. Wolfsschanze

Wolfsschanze

Feb 3, 2016
    Another one in the book. As always, a "Great" event. Cannot wait till next year...15th Anniversary.
    As always, wonderful seeing so many friends. Take care

-Steve

steelnut, Dschal and knifethetank like this.
  13. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018
    These pics and the knives I see you guys get are awesome. And a white bone lamb foot- I can’t explain the jealousy!

The 4hr and 45 min drive looks to be worth it! Never been to a knife show of any sorts so I don’t really know what to expect. Oh well, I have a year to think it over.

Congrats to you guys, looks like a wonderful time.

JohnDF likes this.
  14. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Cherish them.

My dad passed too early 10 years ago. Some of my best memories of him were when we had one-on-one time fly fishing together.

Sorry to get off topic....

View attachment 1176234 [/QUOTE]
    I did not think for one moment you were off topic, the photo's and comments are as relevant as your memories, of someone i have no doubt was a great person. Knives, hunting, camping, fishing and all bush pursuits all intertwine.

15. NewBlades16

NewBlades16 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Great 85 Salmon score! The last 2018 run in salmon was a Tidioute in bomb shield (I think). That Northfield with the EO with what looks like the round bar shield looks like a keeper for sure!

16. Stropping Young Lad

Stropping Young Lad Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Well I’d call that a successful Rendezvous!

The toothpick Rendezvous special gave me flashbacks of the 2017 Rendezvous knife that seemed to underwhelm the majority, but the factory special assemblies (aka “parts knives”) were off the charts.

The real highlight, as usual, were the friends and forumites that you get to catch up with every year.

I’m already looking forward to 2020!

Half/Stop, L.H.S, JohnDF and 2 others like this.
  17. glocktenman

glocktenman Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Those 38s and 93 Waynorth are very classy looking. Excellent finds. I wish I could have put something together to attend.

Half/Stop likes this.
  18. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    We had to leave the Rendezvous early on Friday and have just now had the time and place to take some more pictures after putting on about 800 miles on the Odometer without getting home yet .
    Picked these 3 up on Friday :
    A #14 Smooth Autumn Gold , 1 of 8 ///// A Shaplieghs Cattle Knife ??? with MOP Covers , Clip , Sheepfoot , and Punch , and a #12 Toothpick with Stag .
    [​IMG]
    Most of what I got in 1 & 1/2 days
    [​IMG]
    But the Real Star of the show was :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We had a fantastic time and saw a number of our old and new friends in the all too short of a time that we were there . We also missed a few of our friends who , for various reasons , could not make it . I will not attempt to name all of the friends that we did see for fear of missing some of you . I will though mention that it was great to see Charlie and Lyle and their spouses there .

Harry

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  19. t.willy

t.willy

Mar 31, 2016
    That's one delicious lookin treat! :eek: :D:thumbsup:

Half/Stop and Old Engineer like this.
  20. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Better pictures of this knife that I picked up at the Rendezvous
    [​IMG]