The Upcoming and Past Toothpick Thread

I only have one large toothpick from another manufacturer, it's thin so I won't carry but nice enough to keep in my collection.
If the GEC handles are thicker and they do look like they are I might be in, I'm watching the production pictures.

If they did it in farm and field trim as a fish knife (with or without scaler) in stainless I'd buy it.

I mentioned this in the GEC discussion thread. Fairly surprised they've not made one yet.

the dark green camel bone is being introduced into normal runs because it went well at least year's rendezvous.

I trust the green bone 35s were camel bone?

About as close as it gets to a sunken joint for a GEC. (showing the pen blade here on their 2-blade Powderhorn jack t'picks)

snunIWE.jpg
gdkOnkT.jpg

Here is another stag one that has found it's way into my pocket quite a bit lately. A SFO #12 that GEC did for Cripple Creek (SMKW ?) back in 2010. 4" closed 7" OAL and 2 3/4" cutting edge by my ruler on this one:
v5v1nbN.jpg

Nice one, Scott. Looks almost like Red Stag.

I will admit these #12 stag pics look nice but I'm leaning toward the jig bone, hate the suspense, wonder what type of jig and color

I will admit these #12 stag pics look nice but I'm leaning toward the jig bone, hate the suspense, wonder what type of jig and color

My thoughts are similar. Whatever it is, I'll take it.:D

The last few times that I have gone for the mystery bone, it has ended up being antique yellow or some other version of dull yellow. Not terrible but not my favorite.

Since blood red is already being done on Frank's SFO, I wonder if they still might consider Elderberry. That turned out really nice on the 82s.

The last few times that I have gone for the mystery bone, it has ended up being antique yellow or some other version of dull yellow. Not terrible but not my favorite.

Since blood red is already being done on Frank's SFO, I wonder if they still might consider Elderberry. That turned out really nice on the 82s.

Elderberry will work but I was hoping for something like walnut stain jig bone, wow now that would be great for a short run, hope the manufacturer is listening, lol

Wasn’t so sure about this pattern, but hearing the talk about it is making me eager and glad I put in for a camel bone and stag. The pics of past run are gorgeous, this should fit nicely into my rotation

My only issue with Camel Bone is the inconsistent dye penetration. Which, on one hand, makes for each knife being rather unique, but on the other, can leave some owners wanting if it doesn't quite measure up.

I don't have a green knife yet so this is a good opportunity for me to remedy that regardless of how the dyeing turns out.

Crossing my fingers they re-release this stunner! :p:p:p
View attachment 1095284

I guess next to a Lady Leg I dislike the toothpick pattern the most. I have owned a few to try and they are functionally fine but I just don't like the way they look. I still have a small Cattaraugus/A G Russell in my small collection of their Knife Collector Club knives that were made in Seki Japan simply as an example for that little collection.
That said if they have that guitar shield available I'M IN. :D:D

This is the #12 I had.
BoFfAoe.jpg

I can’t wait to find out what shield will be used on the Che Chen.

Back