2019 NORTHEAST BECKERHEADS FALL GATHERING. PICS ADDED.

I am not going to be able to make it this time around - family weekend at my older daughter's college. I'm a little bummed, needless to say. First one I've missed since I started going. Gonna miss you folks.

YAY! I'll be making dinner Saturday nite. Ain't figured out what just yet, but nobody'll starve.

Worst showing from me ever in fire craft

At least you got one going....

Ok, it's possible I can make the new dates, but would either be LATE Friday night or Saturday morning (more plausible).
New job coming up which will actually require me to, you know, be in an office on weekdays.

Ok, it's possible I can make the new dates, but would either be LATE Friday night or Saturday morning (more plausible).
New job coming up which will actually require me to, you know, be in an office on weekdays.
Blasphemy!!!

I want to redo the string burn contest and another fire contest i’m working out.

Last edited:
Only one week to go.
Don’t forget your fire steel.
Oh and BACON.

Last edited:
i started a new jerb, and i should be able to make caturday for sure. probably no camping. man, it's freezing out :D

the last couple months have been interesting. in "good" ways, but some stress too. nothing terrible bad.

I'm not sure if I'll make it, they started me on this steroid/cortisone thing last friday because the swelling isn't going down in the ankle or foot and the proper color isn't returning in the foot. This stuff seems to be helping as I'm moving around better and largely pain free except it still doesn't like be down for long periods of time that and there's no change to the swelling. A six hour drive feels daunting right now

I'll make a decision Thursday night or Friday morning

I'm not sure if I'll make it, they started me on this steroid/cortisone thing last friday because the swelling isn't going down in the ankle or foot and the proper color isn't returning in the foot. This stuff seems to be helping as I'm moving around better and largely pain free except it still doesn't like be down for long periods of time that and there's no change to the swelling. A six hour drive feels daunting right now

I'll make a decision Thursday night or Friday morning
Take care of yourself.

Damn. It'll be nice to decompress this weekend. I'll bring the OCD Kindling Kontest - because it's good to have a contest you can score doing something well vs. doing something fast, IMO. At least it's a backup...
TheMadIndian TheMadIndian I hope this turns things around for you.
daizee daizee I hope you are able to make it - I think I know someone who might be interested in that smexy harpoon hunter you were teasing all over IG the other day - unless it's spoken for. In either case, I hope to check it out in person ;)

There'll be some sort of hearty rendition of beef stew for Saturday night. I figure since cows only eat grass, this qualifies as the vegan option, too. I've never let anyone go hungry, and I don't plan to start. Mañana, Iguanas.

Hi All,
Major power outage here.
While one might argue that its camping either way, there's also a burning smell in my truck cab, and the other car also needs work before it's allowed to go that far. Looks like I'm stuck at home this weekend. :(

Work keeping me late. Debating if it's worth driving in so late.

Edit: See you all there tomorrow.

Last edited:
Had a great time with family and friends.
We were missing some of our regulars and they were missed.
Dynamicmoves and Sasquatchs father joined us this year.
As always thank you Ethan and Kabar for the generous prize box.
We have some extras so more on that later.
Thanks to everyone for making this happen.

Random pics.

The perfect kitchen chopper.
98C397D2-6035-4634-96F3-94131DA45C02.jpeg

Breakfast.
C9C4016D-55EF-4BEA-A5C6-2BB70F79463F.jpeg

Granite working his magic.
B0ADE044-079B-4C74-B5BB-3BC235A1530B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back