2019 NORTHEAST BECKERHEADS SPRING GATHERING.

so i need to officially bow out. :(

i hope to catch y'all another time. hopefully in the fall. thanks for organizing.

K. Squared away for the weekend - I will bring mass quantities Ωλλ^ for Saturn Day dinner. And also, something to eat ;) - likely a slo-kooker taco filling of some kind and all the taco accessories, unless anyone has objections....which, on second thought, you can keep to yourself (and bring your own snowflake dinner). There will be a vegetarian option; been making a lot of gallo pinto in the house lately, so that and some kind of beans as well. MmmmK? Sorry for taking so long to commit - new(ish) job, just took a 10-day vaca, trying to NOT present as a slacker, et al. Should be there around 5.
I'll be bringing the air rifles, but not the archery stuff (unless anyone would like to become the new owner of a Mission Riot bow setup for short money - this bow is RTH, as they say - email or message me) and I'm going to TRY and bring only the ONE hammock - again, unless anyone wants to try one out or such.
I can bring the Kindling/Matchstick competition back....maybe with 2x4's instead of the 2x6's? ...or not.
Looking forward to seeing allay'all in a couple weeks.

WOW, this is only TWO WEEKS away!
I'm planning to be there by 5pm.
One tent
buncha knives (maybe even some available, TBD)
local beer
maybe cheese and gorp as in the past?
sharpening gear
maybe panjo...
gonna see if I can drag the lady along, but she might be mired in the end of the semester or want to do REAL camping and hike a whole mountain for lunch.

Ok

Let me make sure this is correct.

Friday night pizza.

Breakfasts,

Bearfacedkiller and Trailbum.

Saturday supper,

GSOM.

If everyone else could bring 2lbs of bacon per adult and a bag of chips or a desert that would be great.

Contests are being hosted by

Bearfacedkiller, Themadindian, and GSOM.

That should cover everything.

Cant wait to see everyone.

OH DAMN!!! I guess I better get to proving out this IDEA!! lol

I just pulled out the bucket left over from the last, uh, kindling - yeah, kindling - competition. I think I'm still gonna cut some more, try to find some clear, knot free wood....

For those not in attendance at the last . . kindling trial, the competition was so fierce we very nearly had to call in a medivac:

41640217105_b8be889532_b.jpg

Clan Northeast :mad: for realz o_O. word.

shit, this is soon. so cold out still :D

perhaps i can stay overnite for a change. we'll see.

I was thinking of bandaids lots of bandaids. A tourniquet might be a good idea too!

I'm packing a bag of decent ground coffee for whatever machine may be available.

We have a dozen and a half eggs, 5 pounds of bacon, a 2 pound block of Colby Cheddar,7 bags of chips, and a tub of cheese puffs, 24 pack of water, and some other assorted stuff. Also our new tent and stuff is bonkers ..lol Cant wait to see you all and set up

Last edited:
We have a dozen and a half eggs, 5 pounds of bacon, a 2 pound block of Colby Cheddar,7 bags of chips, and a tub of cheese puffs, 24 pack of water, and some other assorted stuff. Also our new tent and stuff is bonkers ..lol Cant wait to see you all and set up
But what did you bring for everyone else? :p

All packed up! I am all set for biscuits and gravy both mornings and I also have milk and OJ. I have some Vermont craft beers including the illusive Heady Topper. I have my materials mostly gathered for my contest. Bringing a small boatload of knives as usual. Leaving straight from work tomorrow afternoon and should be there at dinner time.

If we need any other food stuffs just let me know.

I went to the store to grab a couple more items, but Stop & Shop workers went on strike at 1pm this afternoon!
I'm going to war with the groceries I have...

Back