2019 Summer Kitchen Kith New deadline 02 November

Which profiles from the following do you prefer for the kith? Pick two.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will add these to my website and you can place your order for how ever many you want.

Very cool, JT, I just ordered a brace of #2's.

This will be a different KITH experience, with so many crucial blade-making decisions already planned and executed by JT, and with the consistency of CNC.

Hello all. First, let me thank you JT for your work in this.
Since nobody's responded to my earlier question about the knife I had originally planned on using, should I assume that I can't use it?
If not, can I do a similar handle on one of JT's knives or are we all doing full tang handles?
Thanks

Since nobody's responded to my earlier question about the knife I had originally planned on using, should I assume that I can't use it?
If not, can I do a similar handle on one of JT's knives or are we all doing full tang handles?
Thanks
I can’t speak for the others but I would be honored to receive that blade. It looks very nice and I dont think anyone would complain about getting it. But that is just me.

The reason I offered the profiling/heat treating service was it kinda sets a level playing field and it would be fun to see what everyone comes up with to add there twist.

Are you doing the heat treating on these as well? If I order some I would want that option. My 15n20 knives have worked pretty well and everyone who has one seems to really like it but that was just my inexperienced firge and canola heat treatment. It would be really interesting to have a blade where someone has taken the time to work up a recipe that will squeeze out the last bit of performance.

Are you doing the heat treating on these as well? If I order some I would want that option. My 15n20 knives have worked pretty well and everyone who has one seems to really like it but that was just my inexperienced firge and canola heat treatment. It would be really interesting to have a blade where someone has taken the time to work up a recipe that will squeeze out the last bit of performance.

My understanding was that the blanks would be heat-treated by default. Is that the case, JT? And if so, what's the planned target hardness? I don't recall that being discussed. (I'm good with it either way!)

Last edited:
Just ordered a couple from JT! Looking forward to ruining a couple blanks!

Weo, I’m totally good with it! Good looking knife!

Thanks

Hidden or full tang is fine. Be creative.

Probably going to cut all the blades tomorrow when I set up to cut the AEB-L. So if your sitting on the fence it’s time to jump off.

Probably going to cut all the blades tomorrow when I set up to cut the AEB-L. So if your sitting on the fence it’s time to jump off.
Put me down for 3 of each at a minimum. I left you a msg. Depending on the price I would like some in AEB-L as well.

These are all going to be 15n20. If aebl was wanted then I would have to order material and price would be a bit more as thy need cryo and have to pay for material.

Wow this has kinda exploded on me lol. I will get these cut as soon as I can. I just cut the .136 aebl tonight. It’s skittle unnerving laying a pricy chunk of steel down and pushing one button that turns it fate over to a machine lol

Back