Photos 2019 Traditional Blade Forum Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either the 29 or 86 would be fantastic. I would like to see a dyed smooth bone, possibly blue or green.

Before picking a pattern it seems that a company would need to be selected and agree to take on the task. While GEC is always a winner, what about Case, Rough Rider, Buck, Lion Steel, Mora, Enzo......?

And why assume it will be a folding knife? Fixed blades are pretty traditional.

But first forum approval and a dealer that will be the sponsor? I say sleep on it and come back in a few moons.

I vote for a custom Mora Garberg with carbon blade, no coating, brown leather sheath and brown handle.

Well, since I missed the '18 knife and would have loved one , I promised myself I'd keep up with the '19 discussions... boy you guys don't waste any time! Ha! ;)

Between those two, the 29 really leaps out at me. The other is rather passe imo, a too plain jack knife. Then again humpback frames are a favorite anyway, so I'm a bit biased to start. ;)

Love to see the 29 sans the punch for my favorite blade combo, but even clip and punch would be sweet.

Honestly, that frame is so sexy, and especially in that perfect carry size, I'd take it no matter what you put in it... and that's a lot coming from me, I'm not a GEC fan, I tend to avoid them.

But I agree, your probably never going to get under $100 for all three blades...

cut to long shot of Porchenberg Castle,dark of the moon,the village in the foreground is quietly sleeping...it's throat emits a harsh high pitched squawking sound..."What Knockers!..."

Fixed it for you!

To be honest I've only been on a few months, is there a thread or post that shows all of the past forum knives? Be good to see what has gone before, has there been a Case produced one?

To be honest I've only been on a few months, is there a thread or post that shows all of the past forum knives? Be good to see what has gone before, has there been a Case produced one?
Someone posted the knives recently. Can't remember how to spell his name. Something like @t_erdli. Unusual spelling. His name is Ted, longtime member.

Edit: @T.Erdelyi

Last edited:
After getting Buck into this, and with the numbers closing in on 500, I'd like to see us try and get Case to do a Swayback Jack in CV.

(What I'd really like is for GEC to build this a copy of this little Remington, but I expect it's too close to last years knife.)
9ow0Szt.jpg

I thought someone had reached out to Case in the past and Case was a no go....another thing about fixed blades....some jurisdictions don't allow fixed blades at any length. Just some food for thought, folders are pretty much universal at certain lengths.
I would definitely opt for a slipjoint. The 2018 Buck knife is great, but I don't think Buck has much variety in traditional slipjoints. I like Case, but if they're a no-go, why not another GEC?

I would definitely opt for a slipjoint. The 2018 Buck knife is great, but I don't think Buck has much variety in traditional slipjoints. I like Case, but if they're a no-go, why not another GEC?

Yup, I am fine with GEC. Buck made a great knife that I will admit I was reluctant to buy at first. I think someone will have to reach out to GEC and see what's available down the line for us. Maybe someone who is closer to their factory. I think the 29 is definitely something that would be a neat forum knife. Something that is a first production run would be very interesting.

How about looking to Italy? Getting Lionsteel or Maserin to do one? They've shown that they can make excellent production runs at far less cost than might be imagined. We could get something truly unique rather than just a rehash of whatever GEC are doing anyway but with different scales. I think the Buck 2018 knife has shown that we can open our minds beyond that.

@knifeswapper would you be at all interested in something like this?

Last edited:
I think we should skip the dealers and organise this ourselves.

GEC is the only realistic option if we want American made and high quality traditional and a change from Buck. Other countries = other options (such as Lionsteel)

Acheiving a sub-100 price point would be difficult - but we all know a dirty user in a classic pattern never gets old - thinking knives like the GEC soup bone or the ancient barlows.

I would go for an 86 in a ‘dirty user’ configuration - waned sawcut pioneer bone. Gorgeous!

It's not as collectible of a pattern, but GEC also has the #21 pattern in their production schedule. That one has a chance of coming in under $100

It's not as collectible of a pattern, but GEC also has the #21 pattern in their production schedule. That one has a chance of coming in under $100
That is a good idea. Perhaps we could add a nice wood or jigged bone option and a shield to fancy it up some.

However, for anything on the production schedule already it is probably too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back