2019 Traditional Forum Knife...The First Poll

Which pattern will be the basis for the 2019 Traditional Forum Knife (see post for details)

• GEC 86

Votes: 212 52.3%
  • Fox knives 521

Votes: 33 8.1%
  • Buck 192 (Vanguard) fixed blade

Votes: 160 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Steve, I think it's worth considering, it's not a scarce wood, durable, looks good and really aromatic. Can't be difficult to source enough from France and have it sent over. But, will members tolerate a 'foreign/alien' wood ??;):D

Juniper would be great!

I like the idea of having a sawcut wood option...walnut would be awesome.

GEC already jigs wood, found on the Beaver Tail series, so sawcut would be new for them, a plus for us making it more exclusive.

Think of the character that the checkering on an old gun receives over its life. Sawcut walnut on our knives would develop some great character also.

View attachment 1079885 View attachment 1079884 View attachment 1079883 View attachment 1079800 View attachment 1079801 View attachment 1079802

I believe we should select one of GEC’s colorful sawcut bone options. We could pick one that rarely shows up like the amber and copperhead in these photographs. The 86 set up we have selected looks like a blue collar knife to me, and deserves hardworking handles. Plus, no one will suffer the disappointment of being a lottery loser. They would all look great!

A rat tail bolster with an interesting shield would dress it up just enough! I still think we should have a satin finish on the blade. This could be the best Forum knife of them all!

And H2O2HI H2O2HI would be able to avoid another crisis of conscience if we do not fell any trees for our forum knife.

Leslie,
I think H2O2HI is waiting in the wings to see what the 2nd poll will list as choices. I think he would happy with acrylic, bovine shin bone, agate, cow chips, broken beer bottle, or VW fender. And some acceptable wood products.
If H2O2HI does not get what he wants, he will probably descend into a paroxysm of rip and tear. I can assure you he WILL pout.
Very sincerely yours, Joseph

I see lots of posts for bone, but I am in the wood camp! The Buck was my choice, but I am up for just about anything that is not a Barlow this year:) I wonder what the next poll will be...

I'm usually not a fan of saw cut bone, but GEC seems to do it just right...probably something to do how they transition from the flat to the bevel.

Leslie,
I think H2O2HI is waiting in the wings to see what the 2nd poll will list as choices. I think he would happy with acrylic, bovine shin bone, agate, cow chips, broken beer bottle, or VW fender. And some acceptable wood products.
If H2O2HI does not get what he wants, he will probably descend into a paroxysm of rip and tear. I can assure you he WILL pout.
Very sincerely yours, Joseph
What about all those poor cattle missing shinbones?>?:D

So, is this thread done?
G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back