2019 Traditional Forum Knife...The First Poll

Which pattern will be the basis for the 2019 Traditional Forum Knife (see post for details)

• GEC 86

Votes: 212 52.3%
  • Fox knives 521

Votes: 33 8.1%
  • Buck 192 (Vanguard) fixed blade

Votes: 160 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: I would like to see your accounting on that one....
There is a difference between pondering conspiracy theories and stating silliness out loud ;)

The phrase ‘I bet’ is normally an indication that someone is expressing an opinion Mike.

This thread is once again suffering from your posts, feel free, the rest of us are here to have fun and enjoy the spirit of this discussion.

The phrase ‘I bet’ is normally an indication that someone is expressing an opinion Mike.

There are two statements in your comment. "..and I bet the sheepsfoot is partly chosen as it is one of the cheapest blades to make due its profile"
Thus, is the 1) "reason for it being chosen", or 2) "one of the cheapest blades to make" - the opinion?
Because I inadvertently read it as if the second part of the sentence was being relayed as truth and the first part was conjecture.

One of the reasons I am here, is to try and maintain truth. And turning a sheepfoot into an economic decision has none. Thus, since it is one of the options I am assisting with, I just wanted everyone else to know it had no basis in reality. But I may have done it poorly (although I used the cute little winky face).

Ok - would be interested to hear your thoughts on why the sheepsfoot was chosen - personally I am ok with it, which is why my interest is in other parts of the knife.

Heavy Sheep?sounds a bit too woolly
how bout Ramsfoot? or BigHorn?

I know it's not your description meako but I'd hardly call a 3.88" knife "heavy". Puny yes but heavy no.

Maybe Mike could come up with a better description.

I know it's not your description meako but I'd hardly call a 3.88" knife "heavy". Puny yes but heavy no.

Maybe Mike could come up with a better description.

Could. But won't. The #86 pattern is billed as a "heavy" jack because the blades are going to be significantly more robust than standard. I have a 5'2" brother that weighs 300lbs; I would have to rethink my whole childhood if I changed my description of this knife.... (complete lie about my brother being 5'2" and 300lbs)

Could. But won't. The #86 pattern is billed as a "heavy" jack because the blades are going to be significantly more robust than standard. I have a 5'2" brother that weighs 300lbs; I would have to rethink my whole childhood if I changed my description of this knife.... (complete lie about my brother being 5'2" and 300lbs)

This is interesting news and welcome regarding the 86 pattern overall. When I think robust blades, the main clip on the #35 Churchill comes to mind. That is a nice stout blade that they were able to maintain nice thinness behind the edge on.

I like what I am hearing so far (regarding the 86, not your brother :eek:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back