2020 GEC #19 Little Rattler Thread

What exactly is kingswood? Has it been used before?
I’ve seen kingwood on wooden recorders and flutes...made for a nice instrument from what I recall. Never handled a knife with kingwood though. Here’s a picture I found of a previous GEC run with kingwood. Looks nice!
DIOBrFk.jpg

I'm fairly new to GEC drops but if this #19 is a larger run can we expect to see it in stock at dealers for a few hours at least? Just curious

I'm fairly new to GEC drops but if this #19 is a larger run can we expect to see it in stock at dealers for a few hours at least? Just curious
It’s hard to say but I wouldn’t count on it. The best approach is to reserve any GEC knife that you want as soon as humanly possible.

It’s hard to say but I wouldn’t count on it. The best approach is to reserve any GEC knife that you want as soon as humanly possible.
Do you know how big the run was for the 23's, 97's, chain 15's, and 38's? They are still hanging around at dealers.

Do you know how big the run was for the 23's, 97's, chain 15's, and 38's? They are still hanging around at dealers.
I'm sorry. I don't. I don't really buy a lot of GEC's and therefore I don't follow them as closely as many others do. I've just been around long enough to know that when I want one I better not lollygag getting one reserved.

There's a reasonable chance that the #19's will be readily available for a few days. I'm just saying don't count on it.

The #97 run was huge (by current standards) to my understanding. Like, 5000+ #97s were made.

The coral Micarta is looking pretty nice! I feel like this knife will be too small for a daily carry but I reserved one anyway. I'm glad the Micarta is darker in color, I've seen some red coral scales that almost looked pinkish for some other brands.
ulSGZIj.jpg

Back