2020 GEC #23 Trapper Thread

This just in...

Those are GREAT handles... Mike's buddy outdid himself on this mesquite. I hope Mike can convince him to do some more... send some to Italy. Y'all's are making mine look almost plain, and I really LIKE mine...:D

Those are GREAT handles... Mike's buddy outdid himself on this mesquite. I hope Mike can convince him to do some more... send some to Italy. Y'all's are making mine look almost plain, and I really LIKE mine...:D

No doubt. Too bad he can’t start a series of GEC SFO’s with Mesquite. That would be a perfect scenario.

So bummed I missed out on the reserve of the Mesquite. If anyone decides not to keep theirs please keep me in mind as I'd love to get one. :)

Anyone heard official news on if/when the single blade bullet will be produced?

Maybe they have a shortage of liner locks and they’ll have to produce them without. That would suit me just fine :)

Thinking about getting a micarta single blade from the secondary market and doing my own lock delete. Anyone have any thread recommendations to check out?

Some knives I buy to be very functional carries. Others I buy just because some aspect of it really strikes my fancy, or curiosity. I didn't think I'd be in for a 23, as I knew it would be too large for my everyday needs. However, I was very intrigued by the thought of mesquite handles, and getting my first GEC liner lock.

The liner lock does not disappoint, and the mesquite is gorgeous.

Here's the one I got yesterday. I love it!
mEQIJSS.jpg

3ACo7a6.jpg

Some knives I buy to be very functional carries. Others I buy just because some aspect of it really strikes my fancy, or curiosity. I didn't think I'd be in for a 23, as I knew it would be too large for my everyday needs. However, I was very intrigued by the thought of mesquite handles, and getting my first GEC liner lock.

The liner lock does not disappoint, and the mesquite is gorgeous.

Here's the one I got yesterday. I love it!
mEQIJSS.jpg

3ACo7a6.jpg
Very nice, is it as textured as it looks?

Back