• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2020 GEC 23 trying to find a dealer with stock thread

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you pre-order something before you even know it's available or they're making it? I mean, I can't just special order 1 knife, right? I didn't realize GEC was this specialized and limited edition. I guess that's how they keep the prices up...
Also, who's CK? I saw Kifer Cutlery ordered the blue camelbone ones, but they aren't up on his site yet either. Did he order them to keep them or do you think he'll sell them? Sorry. I've bought GECs before but just off this forum or the bay and never had to deal with this. I have no idea what the mesquite looks like so could never have pre-ordered it.

Well, I just received my invoice for the #23 SFO from Frank’s Classic Knives. Figured if there’re going to stop making SFOs I’d go ahead and add this one to my collection. I’ll post pics when she arrives.

Yeaaaaa!!! Pretty excited about this one!
MtxWt1b.jpg

dealer's photo

ME TOO! Where can I get it?? GEC's dealers don't show it or a preorder.

Yeah, just got notifications from Frank's and KSF and all gone from both sites. Ya'll say theyll release another batch? How soon? A week? A month? Tomorrow? Just curious

Woo hoo! I clicked the KSF link again and it didnt say SOLD OUT so I added it and paid and it took! So I'll have a Brazilian cherry beaver tail 23LL heading my way soon. Hope that pull isnt too bad.

I would bet that more than one dealer will have them show up tomorrow. That seems to be the way it works.

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you pre-order something before you even know it's available or they're making it? I mean, I can't just special order 1 knife, right? I didn't realize GEC was this specialized and limited edition. I guess that's how they keep the prices up...
Also, who's CK? I saw Kifer Cutlery ordered the blue camelbone ones, but they aren't up on his site yet either. Did he order them to keep them or do you think he'll sell them? Sorry. I've bought GECs before but just off this forum or the bay and never had to deal with this. I have no idea what the mesquite looks like so could never have pre-ordered it.

CK does not offer pre-orders. The camel bone knives are in production as shown on the GEC website. Mesquite is similar to desert ironwood

CK does not offer pre-orders. The camel bone knives are in production as shown on the GEC website. Mesquite is similar to desert ironwood

I'm hoping to get one of the blue camelbone ones as well, but I've never bought from Kifer Cutlery. Does it turn into a situation like other sprint runs where they're sold out in minutes? I really hope not. Also, where do they post info about day/time those will go live? Does anyone have in info about that?

I'm hoping to get one of the blue camelbone ones as well, but I've never bought from Kifer Cutlery. Does it turn into a situation like other sprint runs where they're sold out in minutes? I really hope not. Also, where do they post info about day/time those will go live? Does anyone have in info about that?
I emailed Mr Kifer and sounds like theyre all spoken for. Says he has about 300 names for 100 knives, so, outlook not good

Follow the GEC schedule that the post on their website. Also follow the link that shows what's in production. Get to know the dealers. Good luck and happy collecting.

Back