2020 GEC #33 Conductor Thread

Sure!

The fit and finish is typical GEC - no issues at all.

I'm not good at describing pull, but I'd have to guess a 6+ maybe 7. A little stronger of pull than I was expecting, especially for a cam tang. The pen blade is a tad lighter, but still good.

The walk and talk is excellent. Neither blade disappoints.

There will be rub marks, I'm sure. Mine doesn't have any yet, but probably will - the more I handle it. The pen isn't touching the main blade, but does when I apply pressure to open it. I don't personally care about blade rub, so I won't open the blade in any special way to avoid it.

Overall a great knife!
Update!

I got to handle a couple other 33s in Titusville, and everything I said earlier is consistent in general.

I do think my particular 33 may have a bit stronger pull than the other couple, but not by much. In retrospect, mine is probably a solid 6, and the others today may be just a hair lighter. None had what I consider to be light pull. All had nice walk & talk.

I do want to reiterate that I have very little confidence in assigning a rating to pulls...so please take this all with a grain of salt.:)

I spoke with a dealer yesterday and he told me he would be getting his bone 33s next week and stag shortly after. Since he’s not a forum member I can’t post his name. Shoot me a PM and I’ll let you know who it is if you want to keep an eye on his site.
Cheers!

Is anyone else checking their email every 30 mins hoping to catch one of these beauties? I’m not normally a small knife guy but am really hoping to catch one of these. I’d like to snag one of each but would be happy with either.

Is anyone else checking their email every 30 mins hoping to catch one of these beauties? I’m not normally a small knife guy but am really hoping to catch one of these. I’d like to snag one of each but would be happy with either.
I’m with you my friend....

Curious how this will compare to the 62 to overall feel in hand. I initially liked the 62s, now I'm kinda done with mine.

Super excited to get the Jigged Bone in my hand! Got my invoice for one earlier this afternoon!

I was but I was checking for shipping notification :p :D GunStock Jack shipped mine out lightning fast :thumbsup:

Done with the 62? What changed or were you just lukewarm about it to start?
I can’t speak for Ultiman but I still love my 62’s ! Especially my pocket carvers although I really enjoy my easy pockets to. There both such a great traditional I’ll always have in my collection and pockets :)

I can’t speak for Ultiman but I still love my 62’s ! Especially my pocket carvers although I really enjoy my easy pockets to. There both such a great traditional I’ll always have in my collection and pockets :)

you have a favorite easy pocket/pocket carver? Sorry to derail realize this is a 33 discussion.

you have a favorite easy pocket/pocket carver? Sorry to derail realize this is a 33 discussion.
Cleaned it up :) love them all !
Looking forward to my #33 bone conductor to arrive :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It’s a tossup between the Cocobolo and white bone. I’ve got both and they are basically pocket art. Ok back to the 33 lol.

I’m going to try and buy a stag but I’m lukewarm on the cover choices. Not a big clip and pen fan either so we’ll see.
I’m going to see if I like the 33 pattern and if so I’ll try to get a stag to. That’s what happened with The 62’s though lol and I ended up really liking it after getting it in hand and bought 8 or 9 during the run.But since then have trimmed down my modest 62 collection and just kept my favorites.

I’m going to see if I like the 33 pattern and if so I’ll try to get a stag to. That’s what happened with The 62’s though lol and I ended up really liking it after getting it in hand and bought 8 or 9 during the run.But since then have trimmed down my modest 62 collection and just kept my favorites.
Very similar case, I’m missing 4 of the easy pockets from having the full set of 62s...and initially I just wanted the Cocobolo.

Done with the 62? What changed or were you just lukewarm about it to start?

Don't get me wrong, the pocket carver is a neat little knife, but I think the curvature kinda throws it off for me when I set it next to some of my other knives. Pretty silly I know, but sometimes we're a fickle group.

I was lucky and snagged one yesterday ,I could not believe how fast they sold out . I received my notification that it had been shipped .

Back