2020 GEC#47 VIPER RUN

It's a combination of things...
I've never liked "trendy" things, there seems to be some slipping QC lately (lighter pulls, liner gaps, and gappy shields - all reported here), Lolliscramble (too frustrating just to buy a knife), soaring secondary prices, and a much tighter wallet.
to me it felt like 2017 was the worst year for those problems, except the lighter pulls which seem to be more common now than ever

Does the Ironwood polish naturally over time with use? From the oils in your hands and your skin.

That’s what happens to my acoustic guitars that have a “satin” (non gloss) finish.
Wood in general will continue to darken with use over time just from the natural oils in your hands. The ironwood 74 I received was not polished, but if you hit it with a little dab of lemon oil, it will go a long way and will help hydrate and make the wood look shinier/glossier.

It appears a reputable vendor received two variants of the Viper this morning. I hope all who wanted one scored!

I’m still in school, on my prep period, got the email, made it to the site had one in my cart...PayPal BLOCKED by my school’s server!:mad:
I do have to say getting that close was pretty exciting though.:)

I was driving on the highway a couple hours ago when an email from knivesshipfree arrived with 47 viper pic. Pulled over to the shoulder, put her in park, and they were already gone. That micarta looked so nice. I have on from 2016 I picked up at GEC, a Tidioute with black linen micarta handles that is nice, but I wouldn't mind a 2020 version for sure.

I managed to score a jigged bone, but I really want a stag. If I manage to land a stag, I'll be selling the jigged bone in the Knife Exchange at the retail price.
You might check the “want to buy” section of the exchange first as folks who want one but weren’t fast enough are often seeking sellers there because they aren’t fast enough on the Exchange either.

Man these ironwood look real good. They will go nice with my 74. I was lucky to reserve a plum and ironwood. Will probably give the plum to the wife as a late xmas gift. We will see though lol.

I was driving on the highway a couple hours ago when an email from knivesshipfree arrived with 47 viper pic. Pulled over to the shoulder, put her in park, and they were already gone. That micarta looked so nice. I have on from 2016 I picked up at GEC, a Tidioute with black linen micarta handles that is nice, but I wouldn't mind a 2020 version for sure.
Already up for sale, at a rather large mark up.:eek:.

You might check the “want to buy” section of the exchange first as folks who want one but weren’t fast enough are often seeking sellers there because they aren’t fast enough on the Exchange either.
Good call

Just saw them on ebay for 224.99. But you get free shipping! Brown micarta Tidioute 47s. That's pretty ridiculous, but I don't see how you prevent it.

Back