2020 GEC#47 VIPER RUN

Still trying to get the shoddy factory edge fixed, but it is getting used!

02uNIMA.jpg

Still trying to get the shoddy factory edge fixed, but it is getting used!

02uNIMA.jpg
Both mine Came hair popping razor sharp.Guess there are some exceptions though like any manufacturer especially since there sharpened by hand . I would think you should be able to bring the edge back pretty easily.

Both mine Came hair popping razor sharp.Guess there are some exceptions though like any manufacturer especially since there sharpened by hand . I would think you should be able to bring the edge back pretty easily.

If you're referring to the Viper swayback you posted, I believe you. I'd be surprised if I ever received a GEC that was hair popping sharp.

I’ve had a few GECs that were close to hair popping sharp. That being said, my Vipers were not. However, I find putting on the initial edge helps me “bond” with the knife.

If you're referring to the Viper swayback you posted, I believe you. I'd be surprised if I ever received a GEC that was hair popping sharp.
I deleted my original post.
My apologies I should of looked at the title of this thread more closely. Didn’t realize this was a Gec Viper Thread :thumbsup:

2014 SS Vipers have the best snap while still being pinchable. I like a straight blade for a user but wish these were closer to 3.5". Have seen some beautiful ironwoods polished after the fact. The shields on the burlap and plum are too close to the center pin IMO and should be more equidistant like the acorns.

GEC47vipercollection-1.jpg

GEC47vipercollectionlids-1.jpg

I’ve had a few GECs that were close to hair popping sharp. That being said, my Vipers were not. However, I find putting on the initial edge helps me “bond” with the knife.
I’ve had the complete opposite results both my Vipers came hair popping razor sharp.
But my Gec’s were normally a 50 50 chance if I were to get a sharp one. Not a big deal to me as I love Gec and there very easy to sharpen.
Just saying :thumbsup:

I’ve had the complete opposite results both my Vipers came hair popping razor sharp.
But my Gec’s were normally a 50 50 chance if I were to get a sharp one. Not a big deal to me as I love Gec and there very easy to sharpen.
Just saying :thumbsup:
I'm with you. Having to sharpen them up to my liking is no big deal. I'd much rather that than the way my recent Case knives have arrived. Having to correct uneven grinds takes more time than putting a finer edge on my GECs.

2014 SS Vipers have the best snap while still being pinchable. Have seen some beautiful ironwoods polished after the fact.

Yeah, those acorns had some of the best snap GEC has done. A friend sent me an ironwood for a nice price, and the first thing I did was polish it up. In my not-so-humble opinion, these Northfields left the factory without being finished into proper Northfields. The tip of this one was catching, so I dropped the kick a little, and it is pinchable when freshly washed, but not with a little oil, so I'll have to wait for that patina.

50993746147_7735f6d58c_b.jpg

50993631476_109d034a3a_b.jpg

Back