2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

Trying to slim my collection to what speaks to me every time I open the roll. After a lot of hemming and hawing, these are the 3 I'm keeping. The build quality on this run really blows my mind and exceeded my expectations.
7eWgEWkl.jpg

great pic! Good to see knives being used...
This is my first attempt at a ball in cage, using the red/black pocket carver..
It's also the first time I've ever had a blade patina, starting at the spine... sweaty hands, I suppose.

jkLmfH.jpg
Very nice ! At a glance I thought that was a little hand holding the inside of the box lol.
Thought you had a little helper and you were cheating :p:D

Home at Last, Home at Last!! My knife braved the predations of Customs and arrived today at my front door!! All my deliveries go to my PO Box down south, so rarely do I have a knife delivered here, and it was quite a thrill! The Cocobola looks nice, but I know it may darken over the years!
Oh well, this is a knife to use, so I will enjoy it for now, and hopefully while it gains patina!!!! They did a great job, and I hope they come out of this pandemic!!:eek::rolleyes:Pocket Carver 1.jpg Pocket Carver 2.jpg Pocket Carver 3.jpg

I thought I'd put in pics of these #62s from a few years back for interest! Older 62s 1.jpg Older 62s 2.jpg Older 62s 3 open.jpg OK!!

Last edited:
Home at Last, Home at Last!! My knife braved the predations of Customs and arrived today at my front door!! All my deliveries go to my PO Box down south, so rarely do I have a knife delivered here, and it was quite a thrill! The Cocobola looks nice, but I know it may darken over the years!
Oh well, this is a knife to use, so I will enjoy it for now, and hopefully while it gains patina!!!! They did a great job, and I hope they come out of this pandemicView attachment 1317086 View attachment 1317087 View attachment 1317088

I thought I'd put in pics of these #62s from a few years back for interest! View attachment 1317089 View attachment 1317090 View attachment 1317091 OK!!
you've got great taste in knives, Charlie... those 62's are amazing. That's the first 3 blade I've seen...
Very nice coral ring, too.... :thumbsup:

Here's my second attempt at a ball in cage. It was a little tougher, as I was using spanish cedar. This is before I put a coat of oil on it, which darkened it quite a bit. I started with the red/black carver, but put it aside when I found the wobbly blade. I finished it up with the white bone carver.

j6VQV5.jpg

[QUOTE="hornetguy, post: Here's my second attempt at a ball in cage. It was a little tougher, as I was using spanish cedar. This is before I put a coat of oil on it, which darkened it quite a bit. I started with the red/black carver, but put it aside when I found the wobbly blade. I finished it up with the white bone carver.

j6VQV5.jpg
QUOTE]
Practice makes perfect!!:) I can't wait to see the next one!!;)

Oh well, this is a knife to use, so I will enjoy it for now, and hopefully while it gains patina!!!! They did a great job, and I hope they come out of this pandemic!!:eek::rolleyes:View attachment 1317086 View attachment 1317087 View attachment 1317088

I thought I'd put in pics of these #62s from a few years back for interest! View attachment 1317089 View attachment 1317090 View attachment 1317091 OK!!
Absolutely beautiful Charlie ! :thumbsup:

Trying to slim my collection to what speaks to me every time I open the roll. After a lot of hemming and hawing, these are the 3 I'm keeping. The build quality on this run really blows my mind and exceeded my expectations.
7eWgEWkl.jpg

Excellent cross-section:thumbsup: Wood, Antler, Micarta - Pen construct v Whittler, Shield, no shield, Shadow.

I do hope GEC can escape from this -hopefully short- shutdown unscathed. The quality on this pattern, peerless. As I've said before, I'd love a simple yet different Forum Knife 2020 from them in the form of a 62 Shadow Micarta using the Red n Black or Green n Black but 2 blade Pen construction:cool: Got to keep dreams alive & well too ;)

Here's my second attempt at a ball in cage. It was a little tougher, as I was using spanish cedar. This is before I put a coat of oil on it, which darkened it quite a bit. I started with the red/black carver, but put it aside when I found the wobbly blade. I finished it up with the white bone carver.

j6VQV5.jpg
That’s quality whittling! Good for you. There’s something satisfying about getting to use GECs for prolonged cutting.

Do the 62 farm & fields come with buttons too or was it only the Tidioutes?

Back