2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

Finally received a much awaited 62 pocket-carver and put it to use right away by carving a trout in pine. View attachment 1357580
Since you whittled it with a Pocket Carver...would that make it a "pocket trout"?:eek:

I really like my PC in bone. The feel in the hand when using the main incredibly comfortable. As of this morning, I'm in the process of getting my hands on a nice one in Natural Linen Micarta.

Since you whittled it with a Pocket Carver...would that make it a "pocket trout"?:eek:

I really like my PC in bone. The feel in the hand when using the main incredibly comfortable. As of this morning, I'm in the process of getting my hands on a nice one in Natural Linen Micarta.

Ha! ...the micarta has rather squared, unrefined edges so I doubt it is as comfortable in hand as your bone PC, but it is a great carver.

My natural linen is pretty well rounded. Almost as nicely as the red/black micarta. The muslin micarta had really square edges. I rounded mine off with some fine sandpaper, and it's way better now.

Last edited:
My natural lined is pretty well rounded. Almost as nicely as the red/black micarta. The muslin micarta had really square edges. I rounded mine off with some fine sandpaper, and it's way better now.
I really appreciate how you don’t mind making modifications to your GECs. They do a good job, but there’s a couple instances when I don’t buy something because I’d have to modify it to suit me, and I just don’t have the heart.

I really appreciate how you don’t mind making modifications to your GECs. They do a good job, but there’s a couple instances when I don’t buy something because I’d have to modify it to suit me, and I just don’t have the heart.
Thanks.... I'm sure there are some of them I wouldn't touch, but mostly, if it's a user knife (and most of mine are intended to be) I don't mind tweaking it some. I DO, however, tend to go slowly, just to avoid the .... "OOOPS!" moment... and I've been amazed at the difference just a subtle tweak makes, at times.
and if I really mess one up, we have several "fixers" on here....:D

ffwFvMO.jpg
f9kXhdY.jpg

Really thinking about finally pulling the trigger on the Farm & Field natural linen before the run out everywhere...

I will say the Cocobolo is looking great here!

annnnnnd purchased.
The honey color is remarkable and I’d be torn between the black/red I already have and the natural. I can’t bring myself to get more than 2 of the same knife, because I know there’s a good chance I’ll never wear out the first and use the second. I suspect my son might inherit a mint #93 ramsfoot cocobolo and #62 PC.

I can’t bring myself to get more than 2 of the same knife, because I know there’s a good chance I’ll never wear out the first and use the second.

w5Ng253h.jpg

That's what i thought me too. But if... Such a great knife ,not only as a whittler, which will probably not be produced again in a long time. Well, i ordered a third one. Not reasonable, i know, i know.

Dan.

w5Ng253h.jpg

That's what i thought me too. But if... Such a great knife ,not only as a whittler, which will probably not be produced again in a long time. Well, i ordered a third one. Not reasonable, i know, i know.

Dan.

If you can afford it? I’d say buy up everyone you could. I love GEC and if money wasn’t an object I’d collect my favorite patterns like hornetguy hornetguy did with the #62.

I’m sure you’ll be very happy to own that 3rd one. Cheers!

If you can afford it? I’d say buy up everyone you could. I love GEC and if money wasn’t an object I’d collect my favorite patterns like hornetguy hornetguy did with the #62.

I’m sure you’ll be very happy to own that 3rd one. Cheers!

I can't afford all the knives i like. Far from. It happened twice i buy a duplicate and it's the fist time i buy a third. All are by the way Farm & Fields. I will use intensively the 62, compulsive whittler, and i like it so much i will use it for many other tasks. I'm covered now.

Dan.

As promised (a long time ago)... here is the most recent pic of my 62 family. The only duplicate I have is the cocobolo carver.
All the carvers are at the bottom, then all the easy pocket 2020 62's, then the two older versions, in horn, and tomato acrylic at the top.. I will hopefully add some more of the older versions as I find them (and can afford them :rolleyes: ) but aside from that, I think I'm done. :thumbsup:

jPUdye.jpg

Back