2020 GEC #74 Mustang Thread

Well true, but I've seen a lot of people regard Jack knives as 2 blades same end and this helps distinguish it from single blades or double ended knives one or two springs. I find it helpful anyway ;)
Yes.... that was part of the point I was trying to make, until Jiki came along and shamed me in front of all my buddies (well, ok... BOTH of my buddies) on the porch...:( I'm trying to get over the embarrassment by applying copious amounts of good single malt... but I feel it will take some time :thumbsup:

Yes.... that was part of the point I was trying to make, until Jiki came along and shamed me in front of all my buddies (well, ok... BOTH of my buddies) on the porch...:( I'm trying to get over the embarrassment by applying copious amounts of good single malt... but I feel it will take some time :thumbsup:
Did someone say brown liquor?

I miss the UnXLd shield on the stag knives. They look a little unfinished.
I was thinking that more knives without shields would be nice. Here is a different swayback that I am carrying today as an example.
yFGg5Xl.jpg

some knives do look better without shields and I would also like to see more without shields, not sure why they're used so much except the ones with logos, there must be some history to shields

no need to feel ashamed, friend- traditional knife lovers both love and abhor definitions... simultaneously. If you want to get folks riled up, start trying to define something about a traditional knife.

there’s a plaque that used to hang at my parents lake house:

“A friend is not a fellow
Who is taken in by sham.
He’s one who knows our faults
And doesn’t give a damn.”

Last edited:
Just tried a drop. Missed it and I was paying for the cart in seconds. I don’t know how these guys do it. The ironwood sure looked pretty, too.

I agree! Was hoping to snag an Ironwood as well. :( Oh well...the #74 Mustang hunt continues. :)

no need to feel ashamed, friend- traditional knife lovers both love and abhor definitions... simultaneously. If you want to get folks riled up, start trying to define something about a traditional knife.

Who is taken in by sham.

I'm copying that quote!

I was lucky to get a black plum off standby, should be here in a few days. I’m also on standby for a stag, not holding much hope for that one! But then again, I wasn’t holding much hope for the back plum either. I guess you never know!:)

“I don’t know how these guys do it.“
For me some of it is luck and figuring out how certain dealers post their drops and working their system to my advantage. The other is developing a relationship with a dealer who has a preorder list and is kind enough to put you on it. The later is how I was able to purchase the burlap 74 and that was the only choice he offered me. I’m on his list for the red #19 and am happy to be there even though I’d prefer a stag but beggars can’t be choosers. Good luck in your search for one. :thumbsup:

I had the micarta added and checked out in under a minute and still got the out of stock message :(

Who is taken in by sham.
I like that saying... lots of truth there...

Of course, we all know that Jiki was pokin' me, and I wasn't upset at all by any of it. We're both jokin around.. ( jikin around? ) :D

My wife "gets" my humor most of the time, and she tells me I'm not nearly as funny as I think I am.....:rolleyes:

edit:.... for thread content... My black plum should be here in the next day or so.... yee-ha!

Back