2020 GEC #74 Mustang Thread

Welp, I have been compulsively refreshing the CK early reserve page all week. Naturally, I just-so-happened to step outside to take out the trash when my phone "dinged" with an alert from Mike. By the time I got back to my computer the reservations were all closed. That'll teach me for taking care of chores in a timely manner...

All hope is not lost for me. Well done to everyone who got in line for their favorites.
Depending what you want I'm sure people have reserved more than they plan to purchase. I much prefer Tidioute trim and reserved both, even though I'm only dead set on the burlap, and more wishy washy about the bone.
Standby on Ironwood,the site took a long time to load for me.
Same, i was as fast as humanly possible on my phone when I got the alert, but still standby for both of mine. Was everyone standby though, because it's a short run?

SnackPack SnackPack , yes I am a little disappointed but I will manage. I already reached out to another dealer to try to reserve a stag and/or ironwood but have not gotten a 100% confirmation on that yet. Fingers crossed.

I missed out as well, but I'm not too disappointed. I've spent more than I should have this year on knives.

I don't see this as an issue with CK (or any other dealer for that matter). Since the 23s, every drop from GEC has been limited quantities so they go super fast. I've only had about a 50% success rate since they reopened which can be frustrating.

I hope it's just pandemic related supply chain or manpower limitations and not the new GEC reality.

Back to the topic, I look forward to seeing the Mustang production photos. I was pretty lukewarm to the pattern but after seeing photos from previous years, I'm sure they will be great.

When i got mikes notification i was looking at my phone. I IMMEDIATELY went to his website and it took about 45 sec to load, i was already logged in and it took about another minute to get into the reserve system. I got a sure on jigged bone and standby on ironwood. Oh and they both were already yellow....whats caused this craziness?

When i got mikes notification i was looking at my phone. I IMMEDIATELY went to his website and it took about 45 sec to load, i was already logged in and it took about another minute to get into the reserve system. I got a sure on jigged bone and standby on ironwood. Oh and they both were already yellow....whats caused this craziness?
lMrnR0J.jpg

:D

I was driving when the beep occurred...... I didn't hear it, and by the time I knew that the announcement had been made, The Victors were swilling champagne and making room in their knife drawer for the forthcoming spoils......
So far I missed the 33 beep, the 35 beep and now the 74 ........ I guess I'm going to try integrating a dog shock collar to the Telegraph inbounds..... When CK says to "make your choices", the collar around my neck should get my attention.....

Sally aftermath took my chance. By the time we finished today’s clean up work the notification was long since cold. I know it can be frustrating for folks who love getting in on these knives, but it was a good reminder to me not to get too worked up on things that are secondary to others that matter far more. No criticism of anyone here who’s been discussing the reserve, of course. Just trying to share how it happened for me and try to give those who missed out a little perspective.

Back