2020 GEC #74 Mustang Thread

M
9UCId5H.jpg

MsWkMCm.jpg

I couldn’t be happier with mine. Mike did a great job and picked out the perfect one for me.
Mike Latham does not cherry pick knives for customers. He wants everybody to have the same chance as everybody else to score the killer. Mr. Mike tries to be fair to everybody. You scored the killer Stag #74 for sure ! I scored the phattest , ugliest , and the scales do not match #74. My left index finger rest on the only smooth spot. I love it , That #74 knife was made just for me. I don't care about looks at all . I want thicker scales for easier holding between my knees/thighs , so I don't have to use my feet to open the knife. I did ask for thinner Sambar Stag scales on the#33 Conductor knife. It was all about beauty on that one. It loves the 5th pocket.

Spent a little time today on my previously 'brushed' Ironwood Mustang. Used some strips of 1000, 1500, and 2000 grit sandpaper - and then a few polishes with some Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish. I'm pretty happy with the results. :thumbsup:

SD4o6zB.jpg

Spent a little time today on my previously 'brushed' Ironwood Mustang. Used some strips of 1000, 1500, and 2000 grit sandpaper - and then a few polishes with some Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish. I'm pretty happy with the results. :thumbsup:

SD4o6zB.jpg
That looks fantastic! I'm curious, did you sand the wood also or work around it?

That looks really good!

That looks fantastic! I'm curious, did you sand the wood also or work around it?

Thanks for the kind words! I used the various grits lightly on everything - except the blade - which was covered with some blue painter's tape until I was done. The mag polish was used on all the surfaces that got sanded. I did have to go through the process a few times because a brush line would show up here and there that wasn't noticed until after polishing...in either the wood or NS. Took my time, maybe an hour start to finish. I'm thinking some pocket carry will polish it even more. :D

SD4o6zB.jpg
You really did a good job on that my friend !!!:):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Harry

SD4o6zB.jpg
This looks great. Has anyone done anything like oiled or waxed the Ironwood?

I’ve been carrying my stag almost daily and am really enjoying it. It’s my knife if the year so far.

Back