2020 is coming...

2020 items available now ready to ship, continued.

Hello Cold Steel,

Having a lively discussion at this post - "Cold Steel 2020 remakes devalue Discontinued knives & swords - What do you think ?"

Thank you in advance for your answer and maybe you could post it in the above mentioned thread.

Question - how are the newly released 2020 swords easily identifiable (different) from the Original versions ?

I believe the list of swords below have all been previously Discontinued.

Specifically the:

Jade Lion Dagger
Willow leaf
Two handed gim
Double edge katana Emperors series
Nodachi

Again, Thank you

For now, the one thing I must get is the Hudson Bay Hawk. I have the Frontier, and I hope this Hudson Bay design does a little better with chopping and splitting wood.

Cold Steel,
Does the Hudson Bay Tomahawk have a set screw?
Best,
Hank
Yes it does. More pics to come, sorry!
For now, the one thing I must get is the Hudson Bay Hawk. I have the Frontier, and I hope this Hudson Bay design does a little better with chopping and splitting wood.
They'll be back in stock soon, we took all the inventory we had to the Archery Trade Association show in Indiana this week.

The Hudson Bay hawk looks like it may become the most versatile hawk produced by cold steel. This is a must buy. And the Kiridashi has got to be a cardboard assassin, gonna add that to my work knife rotation.

Cold Steel team, when is that woodsman sax coming out? That is one nice looking sax! Will go great with my various Norse swords! Thank you for your time. Love your knives!

Cold Steel team, when is that woodsman sax coming out? That is one nice looking sax! Will go great with my various Norse swords! Thank you for your time. Love your knives!
I have my eyes on that one too. And really pumped about the 4 max scout. A lighter 4 max is going to be legendary.

Reactions: WTF
And really pumped about the 4 max scout. A lighter 4 max is going to be legendary.

According to specs, the 4 Max Scout is heavier than the original by 1oz. Scout is 10.2 ounces!
Specs say Scout uses 4.8mm blade stock vs. 4.5mm stock.
Specs say Scout uses steel liners vs titanium.

Did anyone notice the SRK-C (5.1 oz) is 38% lighter than the SRK (8.2 oz), even though its blade is only one inch shorter? It's because the compact used 4mm stock, while the full size uses 5mm.

Soon! They're in production.
Oh well I assumed it would be lighter. Ok well less expensive anyway
Yeah, the "Scout" is interchangeable with the term "Lite" in this case. It does not necessarily mean it's lighter, just that it uses "Lite" materials. Plastic is heavier than G-10, and some other things. One ounce, you wouldn't even notice it in hand.
Did anyone notice the SRK-C (5.1 oz) is 38% lighter than the SRK (8.2 oz), even though its blade is only one inch shorter? It's because the compact used 4mm stock, while the full size uses 5mm.
It's proportionally scaled down in every regard. It's only 1" shorter but when you put them side by side, it's like a "medium version".

Back