2020 is coming...

Has the Natchez Bowie been discontinued? The CS site lists them as "out of stock" and very few vendors have them for sale.
Also, has the Shanghai Warrior been discontinued? Thanks!

Got my order in for a prolite drop point! WOOOT! Now waiting on the 4-max scout.

LOL you guys.... so much excitement over some silly EDC knives....

now ME on the other hand... I just ordered a pair of Diamond Spontoon Hawks that I intend to go ape modifying and making them just NASTY!

=o)

and waiting VERY Impatiently for the woodman's sax.... cause I don't know that I've ever wanted something so bad..... since prom night 40 years ago....

The hawks and axes are some of the best looking Cold Steel has put out in my opinion! And yeah that woodsman sax is something else. Will go great with my Albion squire Norse sword! I think they did a good job with it.

now ME on the other hand... I just ordered a pair of Diamond Spontoon Hawks that I intend to go ape modifying and making them just NASTY!

=o)

and waiting VERY Impatiently for the woodman's sax.... cause I don't know that I've ever wanted something so bad..... since prom night 40 years ago....

=o)

The woodsman's sax has zero appeal to me. That's the great thing about CS - something for everybody.

It's a bit bigger than what I was picturing before I received it but it's still small enough to fit inside my wallet for when it's needed.
cheers2.gif

Can you get a full four finger grip on kiridashi?

Last edited:
Now that xmas is over and I've finished buying enough neoprene to avoid lake hypothermia while water metal detecting this season, 5 gold rings and over 20 silver this year, It's time to focus here. I only got a really good look at the 2020 line up, to date, about a week ago. I see A LOT of really fun looking pieces! I believe that the Hudson bay axe head design allowed trappers to hook and lift a trap, and or its contents, out of freezing water. So the same should work for lifting a cooking or boiling pot , by the handle, off a camp fire. Are there any in hand or size perspective pictures of the SRK-C available?, please.

Got the Air Lite.
First impressions. Feels sturdier than the Broken Skull. Blade grind is robust. Blade has some heft. Balance is at index finger cut out. Action is great. Locks up with zero blade play. Pocket clip works perfectly.
I would have liked to see the knife ground a bit thinner. Directly behind the edge measurements average about .03" and with a shallow saber grind, it thickens quickly. I will regrind mine. Backspacer fit could be a bit better. Edge bevels look symmetrical but are ground at different angles which is common with Cold Steel.
Overall nice knife and I think people will like it.
gdDeSeoh.jpg

kzj292mh.jpg

Last edited:
Got the Air Lite.
First impressions. Feels sturdier than the Broken Skull. Blade grind is robust. Blade has some heft. Balance is at index finger cut out. Action is great. Locks up with zero blade play. Pocket clip works perfectly.
I would have liked to see the knife ground a bit thinner. Directly behind the edge measurements average about .03" and with a shallow saber grind, it thickens quickly. I will regrind mine. Backspacer fit could be a bit better. Edge bevels look symmetrical but are ground at different angles which is common with Cold Steel.
Overall nice knife and I think people will like it.
gdDeSeoh.jpg

kzj292mh.jpg
Thin is in! Too thin for me though.

Can you get a full four finger grip on kiridashi?
I have a size large hand (gloves) and can.
Now that xmas is over and I've finished buying enough neoprene to avoid lake hypothermia while water metal detecting this season, 5 gold rings and over 20 silver this year, It's time to focus here. I only got a really good look at the 2020 line up, to date, about a week ago. I see A LOT of really fun looking pieces! I believe that the Hudson bay axe head design allowed trappers to hook and lift a trap, and or its contents, out of freezing water. So the same should work for lifting a cooking or boiling pot , by the handle, off a camp fire. Are there any in hand or size perspective pictures of the SRK-C available?, please.
Not yet unfortunately, we don't have the production models finished.
Just purchased my 4-max Scout! Now the wait! Still waiting on my AirLite.
Sweet. Share your thoughts here.

Back