2020 is coming...

Mini-Tuff Lites: The FULL SIZED Tuff Lite offers a Triad lock, Aus8 steel, and perfectly designed grip. Perfection. I don't know what the mini brings to the table.

Micro-Recon: It might be great, but why?

Welcome to Blade Forums. I agree with many of your assessments of the 2020 lineup. I'm not much for small knives myself. But I watched this video from Lynn last week in which he addresses the rationale.

-Steve

I have a Micro Recon I carry in watch pocket sometimes. It's a cheaper alternative to a Spyderco Ladybug or Manbug.

Welcome to Blade Forums. I agree with many of your assessments of the 2020 lineup. I'm not much for small knives myself. But I watched this video from Lynn last week in which he addresses the rationale.

-Steve

I think there’s a need for balance here. Both mini/micro and XL knives are niche market. Companies should totally make some product on both spectrums of the market but the main focus should be the middle range where most of the market sits. IMO this is around 7-8.5 inch range. This is where you see all the modern classic best sellers appear, i.e. the paramilitary 2, para 3, sebenza, hinderer xm18, griptilian, freek, delica, endura, 940 and cold steel’s own American Lawman.
My concern is that based on Lynn’s small knives video he seems to consider knives like Lawman or anything that’s not XL knives as “small”. I hope cold steel will start focusing more on the “mid-range” size knives which has proven over the year to give them the best return. I think the Air Lite is a good start this year, but the need more options in this size range.

I think there’s a need for balance here. Both mini/micro and XL knives are niche market. Companies should totally make some product on both spectrums of the market but the main focus should be the middle range where most of the market sits.

Don't tell Larry Turko!:eek::rolleyes:

Still no Woodman's sax???
Here you go:
AAID7Y0.img

Is this 2020 packaging?

But yes, it really looks off...

Not sure when that style came out, but think it's been a couple years (they changed the logo in 2015). I haven't bought any new CS fixed blades in quite a while, only folders, so haven't seen one of those boxes in person.

Not sure when that style came out, but think it's been a couple years (they changed the logo in 2015). I haven't bought any new CS fixed blades in quite a while, only folders, so haven't seen one of those boxes in person.
Can I ask what about boxes with tiger on them?

Looks like they've gone with some poor steel choices for knives that otherwise would have been interesting.

Back