2020 is coming...

The Hudson bay tomahawk looks amazing

Does it look like this? Way back when, in the now defunct Cold Steel Forums, I posted about making this type of hawk. I'm glad they got around to it!

fig2-56.jpg

So i did some pixel counting and some math and the overall length of the Air Lite came out to be about 8.318 inches. This is almost exactly the same length as Paramilitary 2.

Here's how i came up with that:

1. Took a picture of the image from the DPO site, the blade is 733 pixels long and we already know that it's 89mm:
89mm*X=733pixels
X is the conversion from mm to pixel, and X=8.23596

2. The overall length of the knife is 1740 pixels:
1740pixels/X=211.268mm and when you convert it, it's 8.318"

Do the same for handle length and it came out to be about 4.814". Blade to handle ratio is about 0.728, which is not bad. But not as good as Benchmades which often meet or exceed 0.75. E.g. the Griptilian is 0.747. However, it's better than Paramilitary 2, which has 0.714 ratio.

This is assuming the blade length info is correct and it's between the tip to the very edge of the handle. However, CS's blade length are often not accurate, or are measured differently.

I guess I had too much time off from work... :cool:
You're slightly off but close enough. 8" dead on overall.

Aint got no problem with that. Prolite is a great design. It’s probably the best budget knife in the market and it’s worth an upgrade.
Yeah, I'm not saying it like its a bad thing, in fact I'm looking forward to getting one. Liking larger knives like I do, I would love to see a larger version also in the future.

Maybe I'm just not seeing the similarity.
Just to clarify, I'm only talking about the basic handle shape,not the blade. As I said, just my opinion. I am looking forward to it and the other folders coming soon.

airlite.jpg

Sorry for the ham fisted image, but the air lite is a close relative to the working man/pro lite. I think it's a nice upgrade. There are a few minor differences (jimping, handle choil, lock placement), but the lineage is obvious.

Back