2020 is coming...

Does anyone know what the "rocker lock" on the Double Safe Hunter is?

Standard backlock. Then they add a safety that prevents the lockbar from being depressed.
I recently got the Bush Ranger Lite with the same lock and it seems very robust. Zero blade play unlike many standard backlocks.

The Air Lite handle is 8.8mm or 0.35" thick which is about the same as the Broken Skull. I'm ok with that but would have preferred thicker scales.

I'm curious about the Ranch Boss 2. Says it utilizes both a backspring like a slipjoint and also has a liner lock.

The Air Lite handle is 8.8mm or 0.35" thick which is about the same as the Broken Skull. I'm ok with that but would have preferred thicker scales.

Well, I hoped for at least the new American Lawman handle thickness but honestly judging the name I realised that it'lll be thin as hell. So nothing new. Well not too good but I can live with that. I already have some ideas what to do. Gonna buy it anyways. That exchangeable blades knife looks cool too. I'll wait for the catalog pics though.

Last edited:
Well, I hoped for at least the new American Lawman handle thickness but honestly judging the name I realised that it'lll be thin as hell. So nothing new. Well not to good but I can live with that. I already have some ideas what to do. Gonna buy it anyways. That exchangeable blades knife looks cool too. I'll wait for the catalog pics though.

Same. Broken skull is too thin, really hoped for at least lawman thick..

Air Lite blade is 3mm thick. Happy about that. Broken Skull is 3.5mm.

I was really loving that Hudson Bay Tomahawk that was shown on the russian site and it's not on the Cold Steel site. I hope they are going to introduce it soon.

Air Lite weight 3.2oz compared to Broken Skull 3.1oz? Not sure that's right.

Air Lite weight 3.2oz compared to Broken Skull 3.1oz? Not sure that's right.
More meaty blade with saber grind as opposed to broken skull’s FFG, also looks like it probably has wider handle.
I’d rather take a 4oz knife with thicker handle though.

Reactions: AF
More meaty blade with saber grind as opposed to broken skull’s FFG, also looks like it probably has wider handle.
I’d rather take a 4oz knife with thicker handle though.

I guess so. I'm still surprised given stated overall length is over an inch shorter and blade stock is thinner.

I guess the Air Lite is an "EDC knife" as opposed to a "Work Knife," so it has the skinny handle that feels good in the pocket, instead of a more comfortable, thick handle for extended work. Looks like they are competing with skinny Spyderco knives like the Endura.

Last edited:
Hmm.... I wonder if the Air Lites blade would fit the Pro Lite handle without mods....The lock bar seems different so probably it won't work.

I’m going to have one of those 4 Max Scouts.

I’d like to see a gut hook option for that click n cut too

Reactions: WTF
Thanks for the feedback folks. If any viable questions come up I'll be sure to do my best to answer them. Not much stood out as of now so I don't have much of a response for you.

I am curious about the "clamp-like locking mechanism" on the new Hudson Bay axe. Was it designed so that a person could easily re-haft the head without needing to apply a wedge?

Reactions: AF
Back