2020 is coming...

I doubt it's gonna be hollow ground based on the picture and just the historical trend. CS never made 4Max hollow, it'll require some design changes IMO.
Gotcha, I didn’t necessarily mean to ask whether the new version would be different than the old, I just didn’t know what the old one was. It’s a shame, in a big thick blade I prefer hollow.

So far, only the 4-Max Scout and SRK C have made the possibles list. Was really hoping for a drop forged SRK instead, but I must admit the smaller version is intriguing.

This here looks like a winner
90qa.jpg

The Hudson Bay Tomahawk

I am curious about the "clamp-like locking mechanism" on the new Hudson Bay axe. Was it designed so that a person could easily re-haft the head without needing to apply a wedge?
Yes, more on this later with video explanations. It's more than just screws holding it on, it's actually really innovative and I can't wait to show everyone.

Too bad they have the same handle thickness.

True, but given the slightly thinner blade, the individual scales will probably be closer in thickness to the Lawman's than the Broken Skull's. The overall thinness will bother me a little less with slightly thicker scales.

Reactions: AF
True, but given the slightly thinner blade, the individual scales will probably be closer in thickness to the Lawman's than the Broken Skull's. The overall thinness will bother me a little less with slightly thicker scales.

We'll have to see about that.
The Lite has a blade of 3.0mm thick compared to 3.5mm for the Skull.
The Lite is 8.8mm thick compared to 9.14mm for the Skull according to retailers.
So assuming the washers are the same thickness, the Lite's scales are thicker by 0.16mm or .006".
So essentially the same scale thickness.

are there any plans in the future for a "kobun" serie, with different blade styles? a bowie, warncliffe or spearpoint would be great!

2 questions:
Is Kiridashi comes with flat bevels? I still can't convince myself to buy a Tuff as a working knife because of godawful hollow-grind blades.
Will SR1 Lite retain metal handle inserts in locking area as made in bigger brother?

So the O-1 Gurkha Kukri is being replaced with A2 steel and still no San Mai version is being listed? Kinda disappointed about the Black bear Classic, in that I just shelled out $500 for a NOS VG-1 San Mai Japanese version, but I also guess that the Hattori provenance will keep it something special and I can pick up the Taiwanese version for less than sticker.

So the O-1 Gurkha Kukri is being replaced with A2 steel and still no San Mai version is being listed? Kinda disappointed about the Black bear Classic, in that I just shelled out $500 for a NOS VG-1 San Mai Japanese version, but I also guess that the Hattori provenance will keep it something special and I can pick up the Taiwanese version for less than sticker.

The Japanese San Mai III Gurkha Kukri is hard to beat and the best big chopper as far as I'm concerned. Any of the Japanese San Mai III blades are top of the line. The Black Bear Classic in SM III is an elegant self-defense piece.

Brooklyn Banshee. What is it?
A bat.
are there any plans in the future for a "kobun" serie, with different blade styles? a bowie, warncliffe or spearpoint would be great!
No, the Kobun will always be a tanto.
2 questions:
Is Kiridashi comes with flat bevels? I still can't convince myself to buy a Tuff as a working knife because of godawful hollow-grind blades.
Will SR1 Lite retain metal handle inserts in locking area as made in bigger brother?
It is a flat grind.
Correct.

When the Air Lites are expected at the major retailers?
Oh and yeah....is ClickNcut actually a folding knife or a fixed with the clamp mechanism? I just could understand reading the description.

Is the new version of the Black Bear Classic made in Japan or Taiwan ?
Thank you
Taiwan.

When the Air Lites are expected at the major retailers?
Oh and yeah....is ClickNcut actually a folding knife or a fixed with the clamp mechanism? I just could understand reading the description.
No ETA for retailers on the Air Lite, we don't even have them ourselves yet.

The Click-N-Cut is a fixed blade with a Tri-Ad lock. So you depress the lock bar (just like every other Tri-Ad equipped knife) to both insert and remove the blade, and it locks in place. It's VERY strong and VERY secure and is actually one of (in my opinion) our best inventions yet. It's a much faster and safer process than the other replaceable blades out there, in the regard that you're not trying to forcefully pinch and remove a tiny flimsy surgical blade, there are plenty of bad experiences to go around with those style of knives but I digress. It has three blade styles for now however, there will also be additional blades made for it for other purposes i.e, contractor pack - carpet/work/whatever blades, hunting pack - skinning/gutting blades, yada yada yada. The sheath actually holds the different/spare blades as well which is really cool. Videos for all of this stuff will come in due time.

Back