2020... is it hard for you too?

I've been alone for almost 10 months now. I used to enjoy my solitude but even for me this is hard.

The worst thing is not being able to travel to see my family. My Mom turns 90 in January and I won't be there for that. It looks like I won't be able to see them until 2022. Very tough.

Here we have had a lot of political unrest, crime and economic problems which I am sure will only get worse. Covid has exposed all the weaknesses of a one party state. Along with that comes huge future insecurity.

I had a lot of plans this time last year. One of the hardest things is putting everything on hold indefinitely.:confused:

However all in all when I look at the situation of others I consider myself very lucky. Hopefully this time next year all will be different........:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear all that! Hope you get to see your Mom again soon!

"Here we have had a lot of political unrest, crime and economic problems which I am sure will only get worse. Covid has exposed all the weaknesses of a one party state."

Where is "here?" Kalifornia?

PS - So I looked at your blog, and now I see you are in South Africa. My neighbor spent six months there. Outside of the cities, it looked beautiful from the pics he shared. Oh, and that is some GORGEOUS stag in the pics in your blog.

For me who's very lucky too (I work for a company that takes great care of us, I'm able to work remotely, didn't lose any income, etc.) it's hard on the mood, I haven't seen any coworker other than via Zoom since March, and almost the same for friends and family, basically no social interactions, and it's really starting to get long, and it's not even sure yet if we'll be able to spend Christmas together. But I'm very prigileged compared to a lot of people, so I don't complain about it, it could be much much worse, I'm very thankful for what I have!
As said beefore, we'll be done soon with 2020, hopefully 2021 will make it up to us. Hold on guys!

Sorry to hear all that! Hope you get to see your Mom again soon!

"Here we have had a lot of political unrest, crime and economic problems which I am sure will only get worse. Covid has exposed all the weaknesses of a one party state."

Where is "here?" Kalifornia?

PS - So I looked at your blog, and now I see you are in South Africa. My neighbor spent six months there. Outside of the cities, it looked beautiful from the pics he shared. Oh, and that is some GORGEOUS stag in the pics in your blog.

Thank you for your kind words. My Mom stays with my brother in Wellington, New Zealand. It's a tough 24 hour flight under normal conditions but NZ have closed their border so I can't go even if I want to.

South Africa is a beautiful place but it's in real trouble. We don't know what the future holds.

I appreciate your kind words about my stag. Having seen pictures of your collection over the years that's a real compliment. Thank you:thumbsup::)

Let's all hope that this year does not get worse, there is less than a month left to live. But I agree that the year was just awful, it was probably worse in those years of the year there was a world war

Let's all hope that this year does not get worse, there is less than a month left to live. But I agree that the year was just awful, it was probably worse in those years of the year there was a world war
For reference . . .

In nearly four years of WW2, the U.S. suffered a total of 291,557 combat deaths (total American deaths attrributed to WW2 is 405,399).
So far, in just 2020 alone, the U.S. has lost 285,351 to the Wuhan Chinese Flu.

Nonsense. More deadly, and MUCH more contagious.
I'd disagree, only deadly and contagious thing here is the media and political agenda around this virus, as they all have their own interests.

Rich people are getting richer, middle class is disappearing, poor people are becoming poorer.

There are fines if you aren't wearing a mask, despite the evidence that masks don't do much.
If the virus was really that deadly - nobody would have to go out of their way to enforce masks, people would do it on their own.

They don't care about us, I lost my job because of this situation.
None of these "worried" people will give me money to pay my bills... they don't give a damn about me or you, all they care about is some agenda.

More people has died because of untreated cancer than COVID, as hospitals canceled their treatments..

STOP

Take the bickering elsewhere.

My workplace, like many others, had furloughs that started in March but they gradually started bringing people back around late June. Now there's another furlough taking place after this week.

I've been very fortunate in that I haven't been furloughed at all. Been working straight through the whole time and I won't be furloughed next week either. Thank goodness.

I haven't had any COVID related downfalls but I did lose two family members this year. One from natural causes and the other was a victim of an Active Shooter at my workplace. Three people were killed and one of them was my brother in law who got me hired on there 30 years ago. I knew all three victims. The shooter was also an employee and I knew him too.

My job is pretty strange during these furloughs because I have to fill in for absent employees but at least I'm still actively working.

My workplace, like many others, had furloughs that started in March but they gradually started bringing people back around late June. Now there's another furlough taking place after this week.

I've been very fortunate in that I haven't been furloughed at all. Been working straight through the whole time and I won't be furloughed next week either. Thank goodness.

I haven't had any COVID related downfalls but I did lose two family members this year. One from natural causes and the other was a victim of an Active Shooter at my workplace. Three people were killed and one of them was my brother in law who got me hired on there 30 years ago. I knew all three victims. The shooter was also an employee and I knew him too.

My job is pretty strange during these furloughs because I have to fill in for absent employees but at least I'm still actively working.

Wow that's awful, I'm really sorry you lost your brother in law in such a tragic manner. I can't even begin to imagine being in that type of situation. I hope you and your family can find peace.

Wow that's awful, I'm really sorry you lost your brother in law in such a tragic manner. I can't even begin to imagine being in that type of situation. I hope you and your family can find peace.
Talk about bad luck, I sincerely hope the new year brings you good luck.

Another earthquake, this time 6.3 Richter.

S Smiling is trying to ignore everything and not to complain but he did suffer some damage this time.

2020 sucks for us in particular...

I lost my car, my job, 2 of my dear family members... now I might lose my house too.
The only thing 2020 hasn't claimed from me yet is my life...

Another earthquake, this time 6.3 Richter.

S Smiling is trying to ignore everything and not to complain but he did suffer some damage this time.

2020 sucks for us in particular...

I lost my car, my job, 2 of my dear family members... now I might lose my house too.
The only thing 2020 hasn't claimed from me yet is my life...
This year sucks for us...

Back