2021 #85 Crown Lifter

By reading all the fantastic traditional knife threads here, contributing to this forum, carrying and using a traditional pocket knife, for a start. Rest shall follow. :)

Thanks! The Traditional forum seems a great place to hang out.

View attachment 1514798 View attachment 1514800
@Cutfinger as you noticed it will be a spear with a long pull that is unusual for a Tidioute model and the cap lifter. Guess the 2011 cap lifter wasn’t the best design, looks like there might be a slight modification to the new run...but not positive
It looks to me (and I could definitely be wrong) that the unfinished ones are the same, but the finished one on the cover page looks different like they did a change in the finishing process.

It looks to me (and I could definitely be wrong) that the unfinished ones are the same, but the finished one on the cover page looks different like they did a change in the finishing process.
You can open a bottle with a bent nail in a piece of wood with a little bit of training. It seems to me that with the smallest amount of aptitude one should be able to operate these machines. I know, I know I am expecting a lot.;):D

These are definitely the new improved version. They work just fine. Every one since the original 2011 BF has been the re-designed one. If you remember the discussion about the original 2011 BF design you can see where they deepened the notch in the hook. :thumbsup:

Looks to be approx just over 400 tubes there

2 pics of tube towers. One states "Even taller tower of #85 Tidioute Cutlery, Crown Lifters, Natural Canvas Micarta"
....so ~400 X 2 ??? o_O Or did they just build on to the existing tower?

Back