• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2021 BF Forum knife vs. Facebook & Flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick making wasn't it? Not a popular opinion but I feel the offering this year is contaminated before it's even released. Just looking at the list of people wanting to buy multiples with tens of posts makes it very obvious that what's going to happen, the flipper quoted above isn't even apologetic about it. The ebay listings will be live even before the knife has even reached the hands of the flippers and there will be a large swath of them flipped for xxx% markups. I've bowed out of the forum knife already, I wouldn't use it much, I carry stainless and I'm not sure there will be all that much pride of ownership in it as a shelf queen. It will be a beautiful well made knife but the ugliness around what's going to happen after its release leaves a bad taste in the mouth even before it happens.

Multiples?? You can get TWO maximum IF you qualify and that might well eventually be adjusted down to ONE due to circumstances.
Yeah. As much as I hate the way flippers try to take advantage of the situation, there are usually only a few who do it, out of hundreds. I'm not gonna let that ruin the whole experience for me.

I always enjoy the process!

On a side note. I very recently acquired your old Oeser in your avatar. Figured you would like to know it's in good hands. I remember when you got it, I drooled for days and use to save ever pic you posted of it. This was my favorite but I lost the shot with all the blood :)

4pyLLUh.jpg

And with my og Oeser. The westie has aged into some chedda :)

6DIxNca.jpg
I'm drooling over that top Oeser. Great looking knife!!

Not gonna lie. I buy double, even triples of knives fairly often. But only because it eases my anxiety of going all out using it if I know there's a back-up at the immediate ready.

I remember getting kicked off MH when I complained about the "hand ground" Troodon blade on the Marfione forum knife. 😂

Yeah, what a debacle. As if normal GEC "drops" weren't bad enough, hard to believe many longtime good contributing members here missed out on a forum knife while FB flippers got their orders right in, legitimately. The process seems completely botched.

Yeah, what a debacle. As if normal GEC "drops" weren't bad enough, hard to believe many longtime good contributing members here missed out on a forum knife while FB flippers got their orders right in, legitimately. The process seems completely botched.
We can hope that thru the vetting process, a sizable number of orders will be cancelled and then those knives can go to those members that didn't happen to be around on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back