2021 GEC #15 Urban Jack Photo Thread

Well, the last couple of days have been interesting. I hadn't the urge to try one of these until I watched Logan Stout's video on the green jigged bone. I really like the green jig bone (I had a 74 in green jig bone once, but sold it like a dummy) and the 15 seems to have better fit, finish, and action overall than the 35s. I decided to try for one on a whim today as one of the dealers had a drop. I didn't have much hope since I've tried there a few times and never had any success--most drops being gone within 30 seconds--but today I got lucky! It took me well over a minute to get through the payment details, and I was expecting to get the "cart error" message, but--lo and behold--I managed to get one before they disappeared. If this one turns out to be good I'll have to decide between it and my cocobolo boys knife. Has anyone else gotten their green jigged bone? Impressions so far?

Well, the last couple of days have been interesting. I hadn't the urge to try one of these until I watched Logan Stout's video on the green jigged bone. I really like the green jig bone (I had a 74 in green jig bone once, but sold it like a dummy) and the 15 seems to have better fit, finish, and action overall than the 35s. I decided to try for one on a whim today as one of the dealers had a drop. I didn't have much hope since I've tried there a few times and never had any success--most drops being gone within 30 seconds--but today I got lucky! It took me well over a minute to get through the payment details, and I was expecting to get the "cart error" message, but--lo and behold--I managed to get one before they disappeared. If this one turns out to be good I'll have to decide between it and my cocobolo boys knife. Has anyone else gotten their green jigged bone? Impressions so far?
Sounds like you are having the same problem as me, trouble deciding which ones to keep haha. Do like me and keep them both (micarta in my case). Decide you don’t want one later down the road, trade it for something else :)

On a side note, my micarta should be here tomorrow, assuming the weather doesn’t delay the delivery.

If loving this knife is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Ff-OwrCQMk9dkGtoxvl1EtGiyIgdIifw0fcSAyvxfvlcN4dias9kurpHTxsUDmWGpYptj_x_gElwTD7wFdXS4kjlw_8kDj8esmy3HvrhaIFymf801X4XospjECETTRRVW7G1HsWNOiQByrA1-wCRjZDAtBjMXfWk8LiBcBzUBoWw8t8ZQKX0MBzT5i-L-N7-BN3i9rQtTh7y4pkCozebvUGTGif3iR2F-4O3xjdY5Kov_wq7DI2Pj_DmjXGp9EH98sm7raJgj4oSyRBR0_hRUkHWwR-rwwKNouKBXNr0kdY75jNfw0W4gsWysmHGU364tzsFgJr6Ro5yxnM0EGWTsZxpLsNo-NqOJjpwbjbXp-9d9ny6ZJz-cKY_Kf_8NmMUMWHwZXXa8HmcCSmS6GCgU_y4wVoEATnOJl5jUDKqP94ULHO037BME6MDPvFseny81PP0Pe9jClMJ84A9R9ueMMrmbX0gvNS9kvUJLNfSR5nxlRLeyEFLAMezNF5UpOywm9GytNjS4_oD-54irMGtuXyPNGiADi8EBDGP7wm4H3pTUhsUMGcs2BzXSkvI9_pGNHfOUEDOlVAJB6X7lamp65wqhP88Hcrw1De3In0mjr1eceZbwRUZxP2GcVCBv73noUThRUauE_vGNoMtmzRvYpBuOpV-dFXaTGsabnTXIyFUmFXB6lrqMd0SApQttA=w683-h977-no

OyPInyKf3NFYu1H2nm0LsmCZOSmxhUrL49vYO0wTr-wXwQU7ZOzZ3ENdZKzhBUcO28MLnqsTMOJq1wdgdWyhoKD9N6iy7sbSmhrBIr990_LT_9Gv73X_p0rOR7YbEgDi-8g5r30FJhJGKXe6ys9FZTkel-FhMQtTfABx9zuIsWstzxA-DHaCTRapP3J23a0PqY67tKPdpBZwrezOACEW9GM-a6kJ4ph06D_M87FisMZP3DVFQ2cYx9efplkNjueDE3NTUMPk6uVwIWT8eqmqX1IVAtnBbyoXVgQldCc6EhsYUM83c499DvzLcUID4ykizXMPWqTwT_Ki_wcWLq48A7ebXFgOWIf2TfJlSwO_UrnF-SvLZQezTOGF4DA-UetONbecvoO4Ivu69CvCIuUXu7N15_ye57E2ZECUx8J1TwsmEW6h0OFqH35pIpomf1DbWGXBsVIKxIZRPuGsx-Vr6riihfzk_SVq8YlpIRjgFzAUe8ogJSIvrwIxIpcNquJoH-PUCN9yvuq7gskqagJjGO8LSD7N7xQ9QUC55mVwqONM0iyuYK5KfXWF9eXaSuJKKNnSZUUqc3_yv4-VkLbYFHVpXVmscEmoyN_CnU6hVlkq9X75cdH32BO2QppXAV-U9SCwz4LUBNJzn7B1ODWAguk8IU9FUqktuWAMZQSTsJckS9wjtltxYODMcAdBsQ=w1289-h814-no

Ck2pVGC.jpg

I’m really liking this knife. The only improvement I wish it had would be a stronger snappier pull on the blade. They did a great job overall. Next purchase for me will be a sepia tc if I’m lucky, just dreading the secondary cost :( That will complete my trifecta for 15’s this round (boys knife, urban jack, sepia tc).

Green Spring jigged bone came today and I’m loving it! My micarta has to go so if you know someone who didn’t get one of these shoot me a PM. I’ll let it go for my cost plus PP and shipping fees.
View attachment 1516855

The spring green jigged bone is my favorite cover from this run, but I don't think this particular knife is something I'd use much. I really hope GEC uses this bone color again on some future runs.

These are all looking great. I really like the looks of the green bone :thumbsup:

These are all looking great. I really like the looks of the green bone :thumbsup:
It has really great color. The jigging has some sharp spots, but those will wear down. The BRR tool is actually snappier than the main blade, believe it or not. They really did good work on improving it based on the criticism of the 35s.

I finally got ahold of one of these, thanks to tmd_87 tmd_87 for hooking me up. As others have said, the fit and finish is great and the pull on the comb is solid. The only GEC bone I have is sawcut on a couple barlows because typically I like other covers better than the bone. I’ve got to say I really like the jigging and the dye on the this one. The dark parts, the pale parts, the whole package.
Spring green jigged bone on some spring green grass:
1iD30c3.jpg

It fits perfectly in my pocket slip also.
tgo3gjp.jpg

Back