2021 GEC #71 Bull Nose

ChetcXc.jpg

A few of mine.

I wasn’t planning on it but after looking through this thread I want to snag one to beat up around the yard. I know current GEC pricing is kind of crazy but what do the F&F line usually retail relative to their other brands, I’d imagine prices a little lower?

I wasn’t planning on it but after looking through this thread I want to snag one to beat up around the yard. I know current GEC pricing is kind of crazy but what do the F&F line usually retail relative to their other brands, I’d imagine prices a little lower?
If I remember right they were in the $50 range.

Here are the #71’s I have.

WlXfKMC.jpg

Third from the left is Red Linen Micarta; I’ve noticed that some runs are lighter and some (like mine) are darker. My OD Green Linen (far left) and Natural Canvas Micarta (second from the left) are the ones I carry/use the most; both of those were much lighter when I got them, and have darkened considerably with use.

95kaKcW.jpg

Here are the #71’s I have.

WlXfKMC.jpg

Third from the left is Red Linen Micarta; I’ve noticed that some runs are lighter and some (like mine) are darker. My OD Green Linen (far left) and Natural Canvas Micarta (second from the left) are the ones I carry/use the most; both of those were much lighter when I got them, and have darkened considerably with use.

95kaKcW.jpg

Impressive collection. The green glowy one and the tortoise are the ones standing out the most and does not look like something you'd expect to come out from the F&F collection.

Impressive collection. The green glowy one and the tortoise are the ones standing out the most and does not look like something you'd expect to come out from the F&F collection.

Thanks. Those are both special knives to me. The Nifebrite acrylic was the knife I had in my pocket when my first daughter was born, so it’s sort of “her” knife now. And the Tortoise Shell acrylic was an SFO for Bob Andrews at Old Hundred Collectibles, who passed away a few years ago.

j9KHHf6.jpg

Cet1hWQ.jpg

I am tempted by a red one, but I already have a burgundy and I wonder if there's a difference.
I'd like to see them side by side.

I just recently purchased one in green micarta used with no tube, and it’s my daily carry. I missed the reserve Saturday. Hopefully I’ll be able to pick one up from somewhere else.

The GEC #71 has always been my pick for "Best Bargain Knife".
Great quality at a bargain price, you couldn't beat it.
It'll be interesting to see what the prices are on the new run...

I imagine they’ll be reasonably priced (like they’ve always been) from some dealers, and not so much from others. 🙄 It is a fantastic bargain knife, as long as it’s actually a bargain. 😉

Back